"Terwolde" Terwolde by vtveen
Terwolde Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 19 photos
Terwolde is part of the municipality of Voorst and is more than 1000 years old !!
It is a quiet agricultural village - about 2000 inhabitants - located along/behind the impressive IJssel dike, just 4 km’s north of the city of Deventer. Along the dike lies mansion ‘De Matanze’ and a restored pumping engine ‘Baron van der Feltz’.
In the centre of the village stands the 14th century church with a remarkable tower with saddle roof; the church has some wall paintings. Terwolde has also a flourmill ‘De Ooievaar’, which is still used for grinding grain for (local) bakeries and consumers.
The nearby village of Nijbroek is also worth a visit.
Terwolde has a hidden gem: Theehuis en Rozentuin (Tearoom and Rose Garden) De Stamroos; reason why I started this Terwolde page.
The old Protestant church of Terwolde is a real ‘village church’. It is located on the tree lined square, the heart of... more travel advice
Nowadays Nijbroek is one of those peaceful and quiet rural villages in the Netherlands. And driving, biking or walking... more travel advice
vtveen's Related Pages
Terwolde Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Terwolde
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Terwolde?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Terwolde
Photos in TerwoldeSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 298 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Friesland Intro, 34 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Gelderland Intro, 25 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Easter Island Intro, 38 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patmos Island Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oberstdorf Intro, 17 reviews, 69 photos
- Provincie Groningen Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos
- Netherlands Intro, 13 reviews, 60 photos
- Sankt Gallenkirch Intro, 16 reviews, 56 photos