Vijlen Hotel Tips by vtveen
Vijlen Hotels: 11 reviews and 7 photos
A gen Kirk
Although not a real B&B, but in my opinion more a small guesthouse, it was a great experience staying a couple of nights in A gen Kirk. We found it on the internet and after reading a lot of very good (Dutch) reviews we made our reservation. Because it was almost a last minute booking we got a discount on the room price.
The B&B is part of the ‘bike and ride café’ and that is exactly what people are doing in this part of the country.
The four rooms are located in a separate building behind the café and a small patio. The rooms do have different themes like a ‘hunter room – with some not to well stuffed animals – a ‘royal room’, a Mary Servaas room’ with a lot of knick knacks and a ‘Marilyn Monroe room’.
Due to a mistake with our reservation we did sleep in two different rooms – Hunter and Mary Servaas: one on the ground floor and the other night on a room on the first floor (accessible by rather steep stairs). Both were spacious; the one on the ground floor a little more, but the other one has an own little balcony with two chairs and a table. Rooms are basic, with a TV and fan, but are clean and could use a little bit more light in the evening, when one wants to read a book. The bathroom has a shower, toilet, soap and four towels. Beds were comfortable.
From 8.30 am in the morning an excellent breakfast was waiting for us in the café. This is a very remarkable room with its more than 100 images of saints, bibles, holy crosses and other ‘holy stuff’. Your breakfast looks really like a 'holy breakfast'.
Unique Qualities: Quietness of the location and its friendly and helpful owners.
Address: Vijlenberg 115, Vijlen, 6294 AS, the Netherlands
Comparison: about average
Directions: Just opposite the St. Martinus Church, which can not be missed when travelling in this part of Limburg.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
More Reviews (5)
vtveen's Related Pages
Vijlen Travel Guide
Explore the World
- L'Hotel Nina et Convention Center
- Marriott's Grand Chateau Las Vegas
- Amelia Island Plantation Inn
- Amari Palm Reef Resort
- The Resort
- Mango Park Hotel
- Il San Pietro di Positano
- The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel
- Ginger Goa
- Aqua Grand Inn & Waterpark
- Ecuador Park Apartments
- Hilton Suites Chicago - Magnificent Mile Hotel
- The Villas At Stonehaven
- Jurys Inn Chelsea
Badges & Stats in Vijlen
- 6 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (80)
Have you been to Vijlen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vijlen
- Posted in Travel Cadiz Forum "Re: surrounding villages"
- updated a Vijlen Travel Page "Vijlen, Dutch ‘mountain’ village"
- Wrote a Review Valkenburg - Christmas Market in Vijlen Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Valkenburg - Christmas Market"
- Commented on one of dutchboycalledjan's Vijlen travel pages
Read real reviews about Vijlen Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 99 reviews, 425 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 297 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 104 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 65 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 43 reviews, 149 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 40 reviews, 151 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 49 reviews, 133 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Vijlen hotel reviews
- B&B A Gen Kirk
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 24, 2013