Vijlen Hotel Tips by vtveen
Vijlen Hotels: 16 reviews and 7 photos
A gen Kirk
Although not a real B&B, but in my opinion more a small guesthouse, it was a great experience staying a couple of nights in A gen Kirk. We found it on the internet and after reading a lot of very good (Dutch) reviews we made our reservation. Because it was almost a last minute booking we got a discount on the room price.
The B&B is part of the ‘bike and ride café’ and that is exactly what people are doing in this part of the country.
The four rooms are located in a separate building behind the café and a small patio. The rooms do have different themes like a ‘hunter room – with some not to well stuffed animals – a ‘royal room’, a Mary Servaas room’ with a lot of knick knacks and a ‘Marilyn Monroe room’.
Due to a mistake with our reservation we did sleep in two different rooms – Hunter and Mary Servaas: one on the ground floor and the other night on a room on the first floor (accessible by rather steep stairs). Both were spacious; the one on the ground floor a little more, but the other one has an own little balcony with two chairs and a table. Rooms are basic, with a TV and fan, but are clean and could use a little bit more light in the evening, when one wants to read a book. The bathroom has a shower, toilet, soap and four towels. Beds were comfortable.
From 8.30 am in the morning an excellent breakfast was waiting for us in the café. This is a very remarkable room with its more than 100 images of saints, bibles, holy crosses and other ‘holy stuff’. Your breakfast looks really like a 'holy breakfast'.
Unique Qualities: Quietness of the location and its friendly and helpful owners.
Address: Vijlenberg 115, Vijlen, 6294 AS, the Netherlands
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Just opposite the St. Martinus Church, which can not be missed when travelling in this part of Limburg.
Other Contact: email@example.com
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
More Reviews (5)
vtveen's Related Pages
Vijlen Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Vijlen
- 6 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Vijlen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vijlen
- Posted in Travel Denmark Forum "Re: 2 questions: train travel in..."
- updated a Vijlen Travel Page "Vijlen, Dutch ‘mountain’ village"
- Wrote a Review Valkenburg - Christmas Market in Vijlen Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Valkenburg - Christmas Market"
- Commented on one of dutchboycalledjan's Vijlen travel pages
Read real reviews about Vijlen Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 304 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Friesland Intro, 34 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Gelderland Intro, 29 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Easter Island Intro, 38 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oberstdorf Intro, 23 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patmos Island Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Netherlands Intro, 16 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Provincie Groningen Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Noord-Holland Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos
No friends yet.