Vijlen Restaurant Tips by vtveen
Vijlen Restaurants: 1 reviews and 3 photos
A gen Kirk - with terrace
A gen Kirk calls itself ‘wandel en fiets café’ (bike and hike café) and indeed when staying in the B&B or sitting on the lovely terrace, we did see a lot of bikers and hikers. Having a break, drinking a coffee or beer or having a home made apple pie, lunch or snack.
But A gen Kirk also has also a diner menu, although the choice isn’t too extensive it has something for everybody from local to more general dishes. During our stay in the B&B the weather was so nice and we enjoyed the afternoon sun on the terrace. So we decided having diner at A gen Kirk.
And to be honest: it was marvellous !! We had four different dishes: salmon, vegetarian pasta, natural steak and ‘coq au vin’ and they all were tasteful and very well cooked by Daniël, one of the owners. As dessert we had (both times) an excellent crème brulée.
Dining in the dining room of A gen Kirk with its images of saints, bibles, church books, holy crosses and other clerical decorations is very special and with such good and honest food and a fruity rosé wine just a treat for our taste buds !!
Favorite Dish: Good and honest food for very affordable prices.
We paid for our main course (2009) between € 10,- en € 13,50.
Address: Vijlenerberg 115 , Vijlen, Netherlands
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Just opposite St. Martinus Church in Vijlen.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Reviews (5)
vtveen's Related Pages
Vijlen Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Vijlen
- 6 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Vijlen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vijlen
- Posted in Travel Kalmar Forum "Re: applerum no. 2 farm (circa..."
- updated a Vijlen Travel Page "Vijlen, Dutch ‘mountain’ village"
- Wrote a Review Valkenburg - Christmas Market in Vijlen Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Valkenburg - Christmas Market"
- Commented on one of dutchboycalledjan's Vijlen travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 99 reviews, 425 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 298 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 104 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 65 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 43 reviews, 149 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 39 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 49 reviews, 133 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos