Patmos Island Restaurant Tips by vtveen Top 5 Page for this destination
Patmos Island Restaurants: 7 reviews and 8 photos
Skala - central square
It is absolutely impossible to miss the two side walk cafés on the central square of Skala. One is called Petrino and the other just Plaza. Both do have covered terraces and offer a cool place in the square to sit and relax having a cool or hot drink or a lunch. I never expected, but they both offer really good cappuccinos.
If you are sitting on one of the terraces it is great fun to watch Patmian life; mostly very quiet and peaceful, but vibrant when one of the cruise ships is embarking its passengers. They all seem to be in a hurry to ‘do’ the tourist sights and some shopping.
Sunday morning there was also a (tiny) market with a couple of vendors.
Directions: Central square in Skala, next to the harbour.
On our first evening, when strolling around in Skala, we were overwhelmed by the number of (Greek) restaurants. At last we decide to have our first diner at Restaurant Pirofani; they call themselves a ‘fish tavern’. Pirofani has a nice terrace, more or less overlooking the harbour of Skala.
We had a (big) fish, with lemon sauce, a Greek salad and as dessert the ‘famous’ Greek yoghurt with honey. Nothing fancy, but it tasted very well and was very cheap. Next to the fish dishes Pirofani offers traditional Greek menus and meat dishes too.
It has also very friendly and helpful staff.
We were very satisfied and Pirofani became our favourite restaurant and Alex was our ‘private’ waiter for the next days.
Comparison: about average
Directions: Skala: 100 metres from the main square along the waterfront in the direction of Kampos.
Phone: 22470 31539
Restaurant Pantelis (right hand side)
We had seen this restaurant – with its tables along one of the main roads in Skala - a couple of times and it looked very charming, especially in the evening.
For a change we decided to have diner at Pantelis. Because it was rather chilly that evening we had a table inside the restaurant. But it was rather disappointing: a dining room without any atmosphere, a not very friendly staff (one of the few times we met unfriendly Patmians) and the food was also not too good.
Comparison: about average
Phone: 22470 31230
Loza: terraces with great views
Café(teria) Restaurant Loza is located in Chora and is an ideal place to finish your visit of the Monastery of St. John or after a walk through the labyrinth of alleys in Chora.
Have a warm or cold drink, a quick snack, lunch or dinner.
Loza has some really nice terraces and the excellent views of Skala are for free.
Address: Chora, Patmos
Directions: From the taxi and bus stop in Chora you have to go to the left to enter Chora on a climbing road; from that point it is just a couple of metres to the right. You can’t miss the place with its sunshades.
Phone: 22470 32405
More Reviews (18)
vtveen's Related Pages
Patmos Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Patmos – the holy island of my wife's ancestors"
- "Patmos, the sacred island"
- "Patmos - I remember when Greece was like this!"
- "Patmos is Bliss"
- "Island of Patmos - ÍÞóïò ÐÜôìïò"
- "Island of Patmos"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Patmos Island
- Hotels in Patmos Island
- Transportation in Patmos Island
- Restaurants in Patmos Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Patmos Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Nerja Hotels
- Umraniye Hotels
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Hotels
- Laguna La Cocha
- Santa Monica
- Kals-am Großglockner
- Renton Hotels
- Saint Kilda
Badges & Stats in Patmos Island
- 22 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Patmos Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Patmos Island
- Posted in Travel Barcelona Forum "Re: Montserrat"
- updated a Patmos Island Travel Page "Patmos – the holy island of my wife's ancestors"
- Commented on one of Elenitsa's Patmos Island travel pages
- Wrote a Review Paleologo-home in Patmos Island Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Library of the Monastery of St. John"
Photos in Patmos IslandSee All Photos (79)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 99 reviews, 425 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 297 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 104 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 65 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 43 reviews, 149 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 40 reviews, 151 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 49 reviews, 133 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos