"Saskatchewan - land of living skies" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Saskatchewan by vtveen
Province of Saskatchewan Travel Guide: 608 reviews and 1,427 photos
We visited Saskatchewan three times and were impressed by the vast plains. Specially in the summer we saw every kind of wheat and some of them were flowering as well; for instance the yellow canola and blue flax. But most of all we do like 'the living skies' above these province. Lovely !!!
But Saskatchewan doesn't mean dull and flat: there are many beautiful and hilly spots like Cypress Hills, the Great Sand Hills, Big Muddy Badlands and Grasslands National Park. Leave the highways and discover these hidden gems.
Regina is the capital of Saskatchewan and has a lot to offer to visitors. Like 'RCMP Centennial Museum', 'Government House Museum', 'Legislative Building' and 'Royal Saskatchewan Museum' which tells the story of the plains and the 'first nations' who lived here.
But on the plains we found also some very interesting smaller towns and villages like Moose Jaw, Lumsden, Fort Qu'Appelle, Val Marie, Leader, Gravelbourg and North Battleford. Without any doubt worth a visit !!
- Pros:quiet, not overcrowded, nice scenery
- Cons:huge distances
- In a nutshell:not just dull plains
Visiting Saskatchewan (Regina) from Europe means a long flight (or better flights). The airport of Regina doesn’t have... more travel advice
During our last visit to Regina we were by change witness of the unveiling of a new (and last) statue at the... more travel advice
vtveen's Related Pages
Province of Saskatchewan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saskatchewan - land of living skies"
- "Rural Saskatchewan"
- "Endless Prairie"
- "Big is Beautiful!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Saskatchewan
- Hotels in Province of Saskatchewan
- Transportation in Province of Saskatchewan
- Nightlife in Province of Saskatchewan
- Restaurants in Province of Saskatchewan
- Shopping in Province of Saskatchewan
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Saskatchewan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Saskatchewan
- 48 Reviews
- 150 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Province of Saskatchewan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Saskatchewan
- Posted in Travel Buenos Aires Forum "Re: buses in buenos aires"
- updated a Province of Saskatchewan Travel Page "Saskatchewan - land of living skies"
- Wrote a Review A long way to Saskatchewan in Province of Saskatchewan Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lumsden: step into a country pace"
- Commented on one of Karolina01's Province of Saskatchewan travel pages
Photos in Province of SaskatchewanSee All Photos (150)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 99 reviews, 425 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 297 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 104 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 65 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 43 reviews, 149 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 39 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 49 reviews, 133 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos