"Utah, rocks and canyons" Top 5 Page for this destination Utah by vtveen
Utah Travel Guide: 5,387 reviews and 14,088 photos
Utah - or better southern Utah - was the second part of our own ‘Grand Circle’: a 16 days road trip which started in Phoenix, went through Arizona and Utah and ended again in Phoenix. The more or less ‘official’ Grand Circle is a 1,400 mile circle encompassing the Four Corner states of Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Utah with the National Parks of Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Arches and Canyonlands.
Beside these National Parks we also visited some State Parks and other monuments and destinations.
The Utah part of our ‘Grand Circle’ started in Monument Valley - just on the border of Arizona and Utah and we made a loop along Moab, Torrey, the Scenic Byway 12, Springdale, Kanab to Page, where we came back in Arizona.
The scenery and landscapes were just stunning and also varied with every day other highlights and landscapes. We highly recommend visiting also the ‘smaller’ and more unknown parks and sites. Sometimes they are even more scenic and at least you will see fewer tourists. Sometimes it was amazing just being together the two of us in one of these breathtaking landscapes.
We travelled the second half of June and the weather was excellent. The part of Utah we visited mostly lies on a rather high altitude and temperatures were not absolutely bearable (between 80° and 90°F).
Staying, eating and travelling (June 2008) was for us - with the strong Euro - rather cheap.
The Americans we met, were very helpful and friendly. We only disliked the mandatory ‘tip’ - for foreigners - on a couple of our restaurant bills.
We enjoyed the rocks and canyons of Utah very much and are looking forward to a next trip to the USA.
For tips/pictures of the Arizona part of our 'Grand Circle' please take a look at my Arizona page.
- Pros:stunning scenery, friendly people, beautiful weather, cheap (for us)
- Cons:I really don't know ...
A toadstool is a formation which has a boulder perched on a rock column, like a mushroom. It is formed over millions of... more travel advice
Strolling round ‘downtown’ Kanab we couldn’t find a decent restaurant (closed or too expensive), so we decided having... more travel advice
vtveen's Related Pages
Utah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Utah, rocks and canyons"
- "The Full and Complete Story"
- "Utah - Red Rock Country."
- "Many Treasures of Utah!"
- "Road trip heaven"
- "Utopian Utah"
- "Red Rock Heaven"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Utah
- Hotels in Utah
- Transportation in Utah
- Nightlife in Utah
- Restaurants in Utah
- Shopping in Utah
- Warnings and Dangers in Utah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Utah
- 65 Reviews
- 225 Photos
- 53 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Utah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Utah
- Posted in Travel Buenos Aires Forum "Re: buses in buenos aires"
- Commented on one of vtveen's Utah tips
- Wrote a Review Rimrocks Toadstools - red and white pillars in Utah Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rimrocks Toadstools - red and white pillars"
- updated a Utah Travel Page "Utah, rocks and canyons"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 99 reviews, 425 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 297 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 104 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 65 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 43 reviews, 149 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 39 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 49 reviews, 133 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos