"Favourite destination for skiing" Sankt Gallenkirch by vtveen
Sankt Gallenkirch Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 58 photos
St. Gallenkirch, situated in so called 'Montafon', is our favourite destination for skiing already for a long long time.
Not too far away (from Holland) and easy accessible over German and Austrian motorways, with just the last 20 km's over a 'normal' road through the Montafon valley.
St. Gallenkirch has a great ski area with lots of possibilities, also in other villages not too far away.
The main area is called 'Silvretta Montafon' (the former Silvretta Nova) and has about 115 km's of ski runs of every kind of difficulty. But on the same ski pass you are allowed to ski in Gargellen, Schruns, Golm and a couple of smaller ski areas.
We never had any problem with snow and nowadays the main runs have also artificial snow machines.
To be honest: don't expect a wild after ski life in St. Gallenkirch, although there are some pub's and bar's. It is still a rather quiet village, where most of the visitors come to ski.
As most of the Austrian ski villages there is a lot of accommodation from luxurious hotels till simple guest houses.
There are also some typical Austrian restaurants.
- Pros:never a problem with snow; sporty
- Cons:expensive (as every ski holiday)
In the year of 2009 we had an unexpected visit to St. Gallenkirch. Of course we tried to stay in our regular guesthouse... more travel advice
If staying in St. Gallenkirch why not visiting the St. Gallus Church; or on a rainy day or just after a day of skiing or... more travel advice
vtveen's Related Pages
Sankt Gallenkirch Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Sankt Gallenkirch
- 16 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Sankt Gallenkirch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sankt Gallenkirch
Photos in Sankt GallenkirchSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 99 reviews, 425 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 297 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 104 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 65 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 43 reviews, 149 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 39 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 49 reviews, 133 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos