"Martinborough: where can I get a postcard ?" Martinborough by vtveen
Martinborough Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 69 photos
Martinborough is situated about 1 hour drive from Wellington, just over the Rimutaka Range.
It is a little town with a couple of shops, hotels and restaurants, all more or less around the town square. The neighbourhood is famous for its great wines, but also a good starting point for visiting nearby towns like Greytown, Carterton (Paua Shell Factory Shop) and Masterton.
It is so touristy, we couldn't even find a postcard of the town!!
An ideal starting point for exploring the wild coast of the Palliser Bay. We had read and heard about the fur seal colony, but were very impressed of these cute animals lying on the rocks and playing in the sea just along the 'main' road.
More information about Martinborough: www.martinborough.com
- Pros:good starting point for Palliser Bay, great wines
On the way from Martinborough to Lake Ferry and Palliser Bay we passed the Burnside Church, more or less in the middle... more travel advice
Over a gravel road along Palliser Bay with some fords you will reach Ngawi: an old Maori fishermen village. Most... more travel advice
vtveen's Related Pages
Martinborough Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Down by the Hungaroa River"
- "Martinborough: where can I get a postcard ?"
- "Quintessential NZ"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Martinborough
- Hotels in Martinborough
- Restaurants in Martinborough
- Shopping in Martinborough
- Warnings and Dangers in Martinborough
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Martinborough
- 8 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Martinborough?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Martinborough
Photos in MartinboroughSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 99 reviews, 425 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 297 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 104 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 65 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 43 reviews, 149 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 39 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 49 reviews, 133 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos