"Waipoua Forest and Hokianga Harbour" Waipoua Forest by vtveen
Waipoua Forest Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 56 photos
Situated in the Northland far away from 'everything'. The region is well known for its impressive kauri's and the wild west coast with remote beaches.
But there is more to explore in the neighbourhood.
Hokianga Harbour with little towns like Omapere, Opononi and Rawene.
Take the car ferry to Kohukohu and you will reach a very quiet part of New Zealand, where still many Maori's are living in villages like Panguru and Mitimiti.
For tips and pictures see my Northland or Omapere/Opononi page.
- Pros:very scenic and quiet, with impressive trees and huge dunes
vtveen's Related Pages
Waipoua Forest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Waipoua, Big Tree Country"
- "Its truly worth a visit to the Waipoua Forest!"
- "Waipoua Forest"
- "Bosque de - Kauris - Forest"
- "Waipoua Forest and Hokianga Harbour"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Waipoua Forest
- 0 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (80)
Have you been to Waipoua Forest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waipoua Forest
Photos in Waipoua ForestSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 99 reviews, 425 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 297 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 104 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 65 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 43 reviews, 149 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 40 reviews, 151 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 49 reviews, 133 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos