Fremantle Transportation Tips by vtveen
Fremantle Transportation: 24 reviews and 25 photos
Fremantle Visitor Centre offers a possibility to hire cars with special rates, only available when booking direct with them. We decided to rent our car from Hertz, because they had an almost custom made offer for us:
- unlimited km’s
- CDW excess reduced
- all taxes and fees included
- free airport drop off
- their Fremantle office was opened on a Saturday morning.
We had to pay just AUD 56,- per day for a Toyota Corolla.
Be aware: we could drop off our car at Perth International Airport, but there is NO petrol station on the airport. We had to buy our last petrol in one of the suburbs of Perth.
Other Contact: email@example.com
Type: Car/Motor Home
CAT service Fremantle
TransPerth runs numerous buses servicing both Fremantle and Perth, to and from suburbs, surrounding towns, beaches and the Domestic Terminal of Perth Airport. There are many different lines and it is impossible to mention all the schedules, fares and possibilities of this great bus service.
We used the bus a couple of times: to/from Perth City (the Esplanade Bus Station) and to/from Fremantle. We paid for a so called “2 zone ticket” to Perth AUD 3,10 per person, which allowed us to use all buses in these two zones for 2 hours.
CAT (Central Area Transit) services in Fremantle and Perth are free. They can be very easy to reach touristy sights or the city centre of Fremantle when having accommodation outside the centre.
Perth has three circle lines and Fremantle (being much smaller) just one.
We arrived from Uluru at the Domestic Terminal and left for Singapore from the International Terminal of Perth Airport. There is really a huge distance between these two terminals. One should be aware, specially when coming to Australia from abroad and having a connecting domestic flight.
All customs (passport and luggage) and Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service will be handled in the International Terminal. Sometimes both checks can be very time consuming; added by the transfer by shuttle bus between the terminals one need really much time in Perth Airport.
Perth Airport is located about 15 km’s outside the city of Perth and about 30 km’s from Fremantle. Both terminals are serviced by taxis and shuttle buses to/from accommodations in both Perth and Fremantle.
We had a taxi to our accommodation in Applecross for about AUD 35,-. Shuttle buses to Perth/Fremantle are about AUD 15,- per person.
There is also a public bus running between the city centre of Perth and (only !!) the Domestic Terminal.
For more info see: www.perthairport.com or www.fremantleairportshuttle.com.au.
More Reviews (23)
vtveen's Related Pages
Fremantle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Fremantle"
- "Gateway to the west"
- "Fremantle - Port And Old Town"
- "Adventures in Freo"
- "VT Meet at Fremantle"
- "in --- Fremantle --- around"
- "Fremantle ~ A Charming Port City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fremantle
- Hotels in Fremantle
- Transportation in Fremantle
- Nightlife in Fremantle
- Restaurants in Fremantle
- Shopping in Fremantle
- Warnings and Dangers in Fremantle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fremantle
- 26 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Fremantle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fremantle
Photos in FremantleSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 99 reviews, 425 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 297 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 104 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 65 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 43 reviews, 149 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 39 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 49 reviews, 133 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos