"Puerto Natales" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Natales by vtveen
Puerto Natales Travel Guide: 137 reviews and 320 photos
Puerto Natales is a rather small town (about 20.000 inhabitants) with a lot of colourful houses, most of them with roofs of rusty corrugated sheets, beautifully located on the borders of the Seno Ultima Esperanza. It is the capital of the Ultima Esperanza province.
Puerto Natales has a small centre with most of the shops, banks, travel agencies and restaurants along Avenida Bulnes, Calle Eberhard and some sidestreets. But don’t expect spectacular (gift) shops; we couldn’t find one. Plaza de Armas, the main square, has the cathedral and town hall. Scattered around the town are lots of hostals, guesthouses and hotels. Puerto Natales offers a historical museum and even a casino.
Everything within Puerto Natales is on walkable distance and there is no need to take a taxi.
By far the most important about this town is the fact being the gateway to the national parks Torres del Paine and Bernardo O’Higgins. And most of the tourists are heading as soon as possible to one of these parks and will only stay one or two nights in Puerto Natales.
Puerto Natales is accessible by bus from Punta Arenas and El Calafate (Argentina) and by a (3 night) ferry boat from Puerto Montt (www.navimag.com). Sky Airline (www.skyairline.cl) started in 2009 with flights between Puerto Natales and Santiago and Punta Arenas.
- Pros:pleasant and quiet town, gateway to the national parks
- Cons:an out-of-the-way town
SKY doesn't fly longer flies to Puerto Natales. SKY Airlines has been servicing Puerto Natales in past years, during... more travel advice
Pisco is the national drink of Chile (and Peru) and is a rather strong drink (35% alc.) distilled of muscat grapes, with... more travel advice
vtveen's Related Pages
Puerto Natales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Were the adventure star - Puerto Natales"
- ":: Puerto Natales and Torres del Paine ::"
- "The Gate to TORRES del PAINE N.P."
- "Puerto Natales"
- "Puerto Natales...Your link to Torres del Paine"
- "Gateway to adventure"
- "New definition of mild and temperate weather"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Natales
- Hotels in Puerto Natales
- Transportation in Puerto Natales
- Nightlife in Puerto Natales
- Restaurants in Puerto Natales
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Natales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Natales
- 20 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Puerto Natales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Natales
- Posted in Travel Patmos Island Forum "Re: Is Flying Dolphin running..."
- updated a Puerto Natales Travel Page "Puerto Natales"
- Wrote a Review New: Puerto Natales by plane in Puerto Natales Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "PN Bernardo O’Higgins – native forest"
- Commented on one of ezaguryk's Puerto Natales travel pages
Photos in Puerto NatalesSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 99 reviews, 425 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 298 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 104 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 65 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 43 reviews, 149 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 39 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 49 reviews, 133 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos