"Puerto Iguazù - real authentic" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Iguazú by vtveen
Puerto Iguazú Travel Guide: 213 reviews and 601 photos
Puerto Iguazù was our second destination in Argentina after visiting Buenos Aires.
And it was a completely different world: located in the middle of the jungle with lots of fluttering butterflies, (sub)tropical flowers and fantastic flowering trees. It is located in the north east of the country on the border of the Rio Iguazù, where Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay meet each other.
The town has about 32.000 inhabitants and we felt being in real authentic South America: little bit untidy, colourful shops, loud advertisements, people living in their own pace, sometimes begging children (but never annoying). A town with a quiet and relaxing atmosphere.
Puerto Iguazù has a small centre, more or less a triangle of streets (Moreno, Brazil and Eppens) with the main streets called Aguirre and Cordoba. Here you will find everything you need as shops, (side walk) café’s, restaurants, travel agencies, tourist information, bank with ATM, office of Aerolineas Argentinas, bus station and so on.
I would highly recommend to stay in or as close as possible to the town (our hotel was 4 km’s away along Road Number 12 to the falls). It is much more convenient when you are looking for (public) transportation, finding a restaurant or just strolling around in town.
On the other hand we were very happy we decided to stay in Puerto Iguazù and not in Foz do Iguaçu in Brazil (although often recommended being cheaper), because that is just another big city without any charm. Besides we felt much more safe in Argentina than in Brazil.
Be aware it can be (very) hot during summer in Puerto Iguazù and Iguazù National Park; during our stay late November we had already temperatures of 40C !!
- Pros:real authentic South American town, still rather cheap
- In a nutshell:more than a gateway to the Iguazù Falls
To make it a little bit easier to find information on the internet about Puerto Iguazù some links: General... more travel advice
Argentina is a huge country and the distance between Buenos Aires and Puerto Iguazù is more than 1200 km’s. The most... more travel advice
vtveen's Related Pages
Puerto Iguazú Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puerto Iguazu - Very Nice!"
- "Puerto Iguazù - real authentic"
- "Puerto Iguazu, Argentina"
- "the gate to poetry!"
- "The Falls From the Argentina Prospective"
- "Puerto Iguazu... the door to the paradise!"
- "Small Town by the Big Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Iguazú
- Hotels in Puerto Iguazú
- Transportation in Puerto Iguazú
- Nightlife in Puerto Iguazú
- Restaurants in Puerto Iguazú
- Shopping in Puerto Iguazú
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Iguazú
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Iguazú
- 22 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 22 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Puerto Iguazú?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Iguazú
- Posted in Travel Buenos Aires Forum "Re: buses in buenos aires"
- updated a Puerto Iguazú Travel Page "Puerto Iguazù - real authentic"
- Commented on one of orangetree28's Puerto Iguazú travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Information on the internet"
- Wrote a Review Information on the internet in Puerto Iguazú Favorites
Photos in Puerto IguazúSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 99 reviews, 425 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 297 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 104 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 65 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 43 reviews, 149 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 39 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 49 reviews, 133 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos