"Enjoy my country the Netherlands" vtveen's Profile

New Virtual Tourist pages and tips

After ten years it is time for a renewal of my pages here on VT. Lately I observe a (strong) declining interest in my tips and also few or no comments and/or ratings. I also noticed that it is almost impossible to keep all the tips from so many foreign destinations up to date.

Therefore, I will bit by bit delete most of my 83 ‘Travel Pages’ with nearly 1.550 tips and 4.800 photos; means that I will lose my ranking (nearly top 100) and most of the badges. So be it !!

I now will focus on my hometown Apeldoorn, the Netherlands, its provinces and a few foreign destinations. (regular/recent visits and some special destinations).

The Netherlands

My own country on my way
Tips from sights, which can be considered as a 'must see' during a vacation in the Netherlands, completed wit other sights of particular importance. Where possible I will add some personal experiences about the sights.

Provinces
The Netherlands is not a big country and therefore I will add many of my tips per province as well. During a stay in one of the twelve provinces it is relatively easy to visit different sights during one holiday. There are links to these pages on my the Netherlands page.

Towns and villages
I was born and bred in Apeldoorn. I will include as many tips as possible about my place of birth where I still live; the majority within the municipal boundaries, but some others just outside, because they are easily accessible when staying in Apeldoorn.

There are also pages and tips about other towns/villages in the Netherlands where I have stayed or have had a break for a couple of days.

Europe

Tips from places, which I have visited more often, so these tips will be up to date as much as possible. For the time being I have added tips about St. Gallenkirch (Austria) and Oberstdorf (Germany).

Patmos is the island of the ancestors om my wife. We visited a couple of times trying to find more information, but we were not very successful. If anyone knows more about the Paleologo family from Patmos, please contact me.

I also will add tips about destinations were I have been recently, so I'm sure the information will be up-to-date.

Recently visited

Our latest trip was to the Emsland region (Germany) with visits to the Christmas market in Sögel and the 'moorland' town of Papenburg.

Other destinations

I will maintain some remarkable and/or special destinations:
- the most fascinating scenery I ever saw - White Island (New Zealand)
- the very interestiing culture heritage of Easter Island.

• Intro Updated May 11, 2015

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
vtveen's Profile Photo

vtveen

“"The beauty lies in the travelling, not in the destination" (The Convent Inn, Val Marie SK, Canada)”

Real Name