"Melnik Museum Town" Melnik by desert_princess
Melnik Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 283 photos
Bulgaria's smallest town is hiding among frozen standstone pyramids immobile for millennia, 190km south of Sofia. Melnik is at 390m above sea level
In the middle ages it was strong fortress and under the Ottoman rule - a blossoming city.The most remarquable sites in this Museum town are the city Historical Museum, Pashovata,Kordopoulovata,Tzintzarovata,Boliarskata and other houses.Thracians, Romans and Byzantines have written its history.
The main steeet that follows the river , leads to the finest example of the former splendour of this small southern town : The Kordopoulos House - with Venetian stained glass windows, spacious rooms and salons, ornamental murals, a iron gate and large wine-cellar from which caravans with the famous Melnik wine once left for Salonika, Athens, Vienna, Rome, and even Marseille and Spain
Melnik lays in a valley of sand pyramids, where the wine cellars are located and where is aging the famous Melnik wine...
- Pros:A tiny enchanting town where each house is a monument
At the Entrance of Melnik a big pine tree is greeting you like a silent sentinel more travel advice
The Melnik Pyrimids are the most majestic earth pyramids in Bulgaria,impressive monument of the erosion and the... more travel advice
desert_princess' Related Pages
Melnik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Melnik, Bulgaria"
- " So much wine, so little time! "
- "MELNIK - A JEWEL IN THE PIRIN MOUNTAINS"
- "A town in the rocks"
- "Melnik Museum Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melnik
- Hotels in Melnik
- Transportation in Melnik
- Nightlife in Melnik
- Restaurants in Melnik
- Shopping in Melnik
- Warnings and Dangers in Melnik
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melnik
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Melnik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melnik
Photos in MelnikSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sofia Intro, 149 reviews, 320 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 75 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sunny Beach Intro, 82 reviews, 130 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ischgl Intro, 58 reviews, 148 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bulgaria Intro, 75 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rilski Manastir Intro, 32 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wiener Neustadt Intro, 38 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nauders Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 40 reviews, 76 photos