"Pomorie" Pomorie by desert_princess
Pomorie Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 26 photos
I've never been to Pomorie before as I was always passing by on my way to somewhere and just know the place by name.
So finally decided to pay it a visit on the 1 oct 2006.
As you can see from the map, there are 2 salt lakes.
The lakes are high in salt content of natural origin. The big Pomorie lake - a natural lagoon - covers an area of 850ha- its length is 6,7km and width - 2 km. The high salt content is the origin of specific plants that are listed in the Red Book of endangered and extinguishing spices in Bulgaria and animals especially birds.
There is a curative mud in the south part ,where as sanatorium has been built and its north part is used to collect salt. more about the Pomorie lake > http://www.pomonet.bg/bourgaslakes/
Monastery St George can be seen on the way to the old town.
You can read about the origins of this glorious town ,described by another VT member >Pomorie's history
http://www.bulrest.com/pomorie/ - accomodation in Pomorie
First of all - this is no hotel. This is a whole complex with several blocks surrounding swimming pools.One part is the... more travel advice
desert_princess' Related Pages
Pomorie Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Pomorie
- 13 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Pomorie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pomorie
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sofia Intro, 149 reviews, 320 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 75 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sunny Beach Intro, 82 reviews, 130 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ischgl Intro, 58 reviews, 148 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bulgaria Intro, 75 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rilski Manastir Intro, 32 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wiener Neustadt Intro, 38 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nauders Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 40 reviews, 76 photos