Ischgl Sports & Outdoors Tips by desert_princess
Ischgl Sports & Outdoors: 5 reviews and 12 photos
The heart of the skiing area is called Idalp and it's where the two gondolas -Silveretta bahn and Fimba bahn will take you.It's where are located the service shops and sports shop, Ski school, Self service restaurant and Panorama restaurant, the kindergarden.
It's aswell the starting point of the Grat Bahn that takes you to the Pardorama restaurant ,the Velil bahn - blue slope perfect for not so experienced skiers, The Flimjochbahn and the Idjochbahn that take you to Switzerland.
Fimba Gondola - Length 3843m , Altitude difference 953 m
Fimba takes you to Idalp from the right side of the Prenner slope.
Velill Bahn is the most used chairlift by beginners and itermediate skiers and snowboarders. It's a 6 man chairlift that takes you to Velillscharte - 2556m . From there you could either choose to take the blue run No8 down to Idalp , or take the red No7 that takes you through Velilltal , back down the village of Ischgl.
Velill characteristics - length 1464m ,Altitude difference - 280m.
Skiing / Snowboarding in Ischgl
If by chance you came in Ischgl for the skiing / respectively snowboarding/ and you still think the same after a hard night out and visiting all the bars, you have to keep in mind that you have to deal with a huge ski area - 40 lifts and 200km of slopes located in its biggest part at an altitude between 2000 and 2872m are awaiting you.
see the area info under silvretta.at
Beware if you are beginner and you have a lesson with a ski instructor don't use the Pardatchgrat Gondola. the Ski school is acessed with either Fimba gondola or the Silveretta gondola.
Pardorama Restaurant and Conference Center
Directions: you can access the Pardorama Restaurant and Conference Center by taking the Pardatchgrat gondola located opposite of Schatzi bar
More Reviews (50)
- See All The Silvretta cablecar museum
- See All "Entrance for ski teachers ONLY"
- See All Hotel Ischgl****
- Chapel by the woods
desert_princess' Related Pages
Ischgl Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ischgl - the never ending party"
- "Ischgl - the Alpine Ibiza"
- "The Good old Austrian (Apres) Ski village"
- "Happy but tired"
- "It's all downhill in the Alps"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ischgl
- Hotels in Ischgl
- Transportation in Ischgl
- Nightlife in Ischgl
- Restaurants in Ischgl
- Shopping in Ischgl
- Warnings and Dangers in Ischgl
- See All...
Explore the World
- Schwanenwerder Hotels
- Savignano Irpino Hotels
- Manhattan Beach
- Old Sacramento State Historical Park Hotels
- Lago de Nicaragua Hotels
Badges & Stats in Ischgl
- 58 Reviews
- 148 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Ischgl?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ischgl
Photos in IschglSee All Photos (148)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sofia Intro, 149 reviews, 320 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 75 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sunny Beach Intro, 82 reviews, 130 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ischgl Intro, 58 reviews, 148 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bulgaria Intro, 75 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rilski Manastir Intro, 32 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wiener Neustadt Intro, 38 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nauders Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 40 reviews, 76 photos