"Ischgl - the never ending party" Ischgl by desert_princess
Ischgl Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 197 photos
As you exit the last tunnel , here it is - the famous resort of Ischgl spreading in front of you in the crispy alpine air.At a first look ,a village like every other in Tirol .At a second look but ,and because of its fame , it's the place where everybody comes to get drunk and party.The big disappointment for you ,guys ,is that there are about 80 % men and 20% women. So you better be good and charming, or you'll sleep alone. Skiing comes after all this.Called the "Party Ibiza of the Alps"because of the PACHA disco,Schatzi apres ski and the Trofana - the clubs for the rich and famous with its gorgeous dancing girls.
Located in the middle of the Paznaun valley, After the village of Kappl and before Galtur / that became sadly famous some years ago for the massive avalanche that buried half of the village and killed 31people/ . Ischgl's fame goes far beyond Austria's borders.It's one of the biggest ski areas of Austria. Connected with the swiss village of Samnaun that is also a Duty free Zone and a good opportunity to buy cheap alcohol ,cigarettes and perfumes.
Click here to see a Ischgl impressions video - open with Windows Media player
Seems that Ischgl has several webpages - same as it has several faces...
Ischgl.com should be the main one, but check also Ischgl.at and Webcams in Ischgl and www.silvretta.at - cams from the ski area
for more on Ischgl - see "things to do" ,"Nightlife" ,"Warnings Or Dangers" , "Skiing in Ischgl"
You haven't been to Ischgl ? What are you waiting for?!!!!
Stairway to heaven :)
- the newest project ot the Owner of Hotels Madlein and Elisabeth - Gunther Aloys aswell as the nightclub Pacha . He is putting up together the idea to built the longest stairway in the world - 6.666 Steps, 1.200 Meters Long and about 1000 Meters height difference....
19 Nov 2008 - I've just re-read my Ischgl page ,and even tho there are some tips I still need to write , I wouldn't change a thing about it. I like it 100% the way it is. :)) Cannot say the same bout other pages of mine that need URGENT updating,but well...time or inspiration are missing
- Pros:The best ski area I've ever been , Intensive nightlife
- Cons:Crowds and crowds of tourists
- In a nutshell:Ischgl has everything to offer that you can imagine
The Silvretta cablecar museum located in the Dorftunnel is worth a visit . It tells the story of the valley from its... more travel advice
Sportalm is the rich's favourite ski clothing brand. Why? because it has fur and crystals everywhere and it's damn... more travel advice
- See All Hotel Ischgl****
- Chapel by the woods
- See All Fimba Gondola
- See All "Arena" disco vs "Pasha"
desert_princess' Related Pages
Ischgl Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ischgl - the never ending party"
- "Ischgl - the Alpine Ibiza"
- "The Good old Austrian (Apres) Ski village"
- "Happy but tired"
- "It's all downhill in the Alps"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ischgl
- Hotels in Ischgl
- Transportation in Ischgl
- Nightlife in Ischgl
- Restaurants in Ischgl
- Shopping in Ischgl
- Warnings and Dangers in Ischgl
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ischgl
- 58 Reviews
- 148 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Ischgl?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ischgl
Photos in IschglSee All Photos (148)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sofia Intro, 149 reviews, 320 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 75 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sunny Beach Intro, 82 reviews, 130 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ischgl Intro, 58 reviews, 148 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bulgaria Intro, 75 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rilski Manastir Intro, 32 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wiener Neustadt Intro, 38 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nauders Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 40 reviews, 76 photos