"Nauders - Das Starke Dorf" Nauders by desert_princess
Nauders Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 147 photos
Nauders is a Small "picture perfect" village located in the Tirolean alps, at 1400m of altitude. This makes it optimal as the ski area is guaranteed to have snow in winter.
The Village itself has been an Important crossroad point being situated on the VIA CLAUDIA AUGUSTA - a Road built at the time of the roman Empire, designed to cross the alps and link the Adriatic sea with the Danube river. You can still see remains of the road in The outskirts of Nauders. The village itself has 2 castles one in the center, watching over the village, and one built in the rocks, at the exit in a narrow pass, when head to Landeck.
When you arrive from the Austrian side (Italy is just 4 km away ) ,and u pass the previous village of Pfunds, the road suddenly climbs up on the side of a canyon wall, revealing a marvelous view to the upper Inn valley, dominated by the majestic 3000m peaks of Austria, Switzerland and Italy . You pass tunnel arches build in the rocks and climb higher and higher, starting to wonder where in these steeps could be a village....than after a few more turns you leave the valley of the upper Inn river and - Ohhh here it is, spreading in front of you a wide sunny terrace the village of Nauders is lazily resting!!!
Here are some links about Nauders:
Pages in English :
Nauders Tourist board page
Tiscover.com about Nauders
Yahoo about skiing in Nauders
OnTheSnow.com about Nauders
Pages in German:
Reschen pass area
Ski conditions in Nauders by bergfex.at
Wikipedia about Nauders
online.de about Nauders
or take a look at my adventures there...
I am putting my efforts into letting the World know about this beautiful place, as from my two winters experience I've seen very few english speaking tourists ( And you like to travel and discover new places,right? Otherwise you wouldn't be here ;). The place is mostly popular with German and Dutch tourists aswell as neighbouring Swiss and Lichtenstein guests. The number of French tourists is increasing from year to year aswell, because they come back and bring friends along next time. French find Austria cheaper for winter tourism compared to the french resorts.
And this is me and what I do in winter....being a snowboard instructor gives me the chance to spend the whole season in the places I love. To enjoy all weather conditions,ride the best places only known by the locals,and feel part of the family
Credits for this pic go to Marco Vitroler - thanxx for the lovely photos :)))
Eva , girl , I know why I came for a second winter in Nauders. Coz it was meant that we meet. Thanx for all the good times we had there together - hope there are more coming...Thanx 4 the great photos you made of me...Respect 4 your talent!! Evina Schmidova - A very talented photographer
- Pros:Incredible Nature
- Cons:Small QUIET Family Orientated Resort
- In a nutshell:Incredible Scenery and nice local people
These are the endless fields of Tcheieck one season ago (2003/04) when there was enough snow for everyone... You have... more travel advice
if you take a snowboard class these snobwikes are part of the program and it's a fun change for your sore muscles. It's... more travel advice
- Gas Station
- See All IN CONSTRUCTION
- See All Ski in Control !!! Behaviour code over...
desert_princess' Related Pages
Nauders Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nauders - Das Starke Dorf"
- "NAUDERS AUSTRIA"
- "Nauders, Dreiländerpunkt"
- "Skiarea Nauders"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nauders
- Hotels in Nauders
- Nightlife in Nauders
- Restaurants in Nauders
- Warnings and Dangers in Nauders
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nauders
- 44 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Nauders?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nauders
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sofia Intro, 149 reviews, 320 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 75 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sunny Beach Intro, 82 reviews, 130 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ischgl Intro, 58 reviews, 148 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bulgaria Intro, 75 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rilski Manastir Intro, 32 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wiener Neustadt Intro, 38 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nauders Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 40 reviews, 76 photos