"Soll by the Wilder Kaiser - the Wild Emperor" Söll by desert_princess
Söll Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 72 photos
Soll - My first tirolean home (Soll means sun)
facts : 703m of altitude , 3500 inhabitants
Soll is where I spent my first Winter in Tirol, back in december 2001. You can see the majestic Kaiser mountain watching upon the village and guarding its back:))
Soll is one of the villages that compose the biggest interlinked skiing area in Austria called SKIWELT - Wilder Kaiser - Brixental - awarded for best international ski area - winter 2003/04
. It consists of a mountain trapped from all sides with cable cars and lifts and 2 additional skiiing areas located on seperate mountains - Westendorf and Kelchsau ( for those two you need a bus transfer ). 250 km slopes , from which 160km have snow cannons for artificial snow, more than 90 gondolas and lifs...Night riding on Floodlight slope....Tobogganning aswell by night .
see the official website.of Soll village
cons. because it's a low altitude resort, somewhere after the first week of march it gets too hot for the snow to last - especially when the hot local wind called Firn hits the area . you'will be skiing in rivers of water from the middle station down. The area closes around beginning of April
Like comung out of a farytale, this competitions hut all covered with snow is located just on the side of a forest trail above the middle station and on your way ,when you come back from skiing in Scheffau.
There is a Garni Tenne just at the side of the church where they rent basement rooms for the season, I could see the... more travel advice
desert_princess' Related Pages
Söll Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Strolls around Soell"
- "Soll by the Wilder Kaiser - the Wild Emperor"
- "Soll man"
- "The Ski World of SOELL, Austria"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Söll
- 14 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Söll?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Söll
Photos in SöllSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sofia Intro, 149 reviews, 320 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 75 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sunny Beach Intro, 82 reviews, 130 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ischgl Intro, 58 reviews, 148 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bulgaria Intro, 75 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rilski Manastir Intro, 32 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wiener Neustadt Intro, 38 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nauders Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 40 reviews, 76 photos