Vienna Transportation Tips by desert_princess
Vienna Transportation: 518 reviews and 662 photos
Western train station/ Westbahnhof
Vienna has two major train stations that service different locations depending where you want to go:The West Train Station called Westbahnhof and the South Train Station aka Sudbahnhof. They are to be found on both sides of the town center and are easely acessed by metro or by foot.
The Wester Train Station was destroyed during World War II in 1945 after almost 9 years of existence. It was rebuilt and fully electrified al the way to Vienna under the mandate of Republic Minister Dipl.Ing. Karl Waldbrunner between 1950 and 1953 by workers and technicians from the railway .
It's the first time I used austrian airlies to fly and I would reccomend them as the best ones. Both flights were extremely smooth , service was impeccable , everything on schedule . At the same time the flight of Bulgarian Air to Sofia was delayed because of fog on the Sofia airport. Not the one I was on with Austrian Airlines. On the same day we landed , the airport was closed just before and short after . Excellent!!!!
Spittelau is one of the main train stations to remember ,when you need to switch from train to Ubahn or the other way around . Called aswell Franz Josef Bahnhof / Train Station.
Just outside you will see this beautiful building from Hundertwasser.
one way ticket for all kinds of transport - 2 euro
One way ticket for all kinds of transport costs 2 euros. It's a better option to buy a 5 euro 24h Vienna card for all the transport vehicules or a 72h vienna card for 12 euros.
The Vienna card is valid for trams,busses and subway 24h a day.
To use this service you need a city bike card ,that you can get at your hotel
You are charged 1 euro for every use of the city bikes and as following:
the first hour is free,the second hour - 1 euro,third hour 2 euros per hour,4th till 120 hour - 4 euros per hour. To end up the renting period ,you need to return the city bike to any of the city bike stations indicated on the map of Vienna city bike.
By loss of the bike you will be charged 600 euros.
Shuttle service to the Vienna airport from the center of the city.
In 16 minutes the City Airport Train takes you from the Air terminal into the heart of Vienna to the airport.
Trains runs 7 days a week , 365 days a year.
Located by the Hilton hotel and the city park
one way ticket - 9 euro
both ways - 16 euros
Phone: +43 1 25 250
More Reviews (69)
- See All Graveyards of Vienna
- See All Etap Hotel
- See All "Centimeter" Pub
- See All Vienna in November/December
- See All Gothic Shop
desert_princess' Related Pages
Vienna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My birthplace & the place where I feel at home !"
- "VIENNA, AUSTRIA ~ MUSIC IS IN THE AIR !"
- "VIENNA AND THE PASSION OF ART"
- "Vienna and its never-ending history"
- "Just More then Mozart, Strauss und Sacher torte"
- "Still a city of dreams"
- "Rainy day in Vienna 2006, sunny in 2013"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vienna
- Hotels in Vienna
- Transportation in Vienna
- Nightlife in Vienna
- Restaurants in Vienna
- Shopping in Vienna
- Warnings and Dangers in Vienna
- See All...
Explore the World
- Draguignan Hotels
- Iqaluit Hotels
- Tes Nez Iah Hotels
- Skala Potamias Hotels
- Grand Turk Island
- Bad Segeberg
Badges & Stats in Vienna
- 75 Reviews
- 176 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vienna
- Posted in Travel Innsbruck Forum "Re: Suitable clothing"
- Wrote a Review Graveyards of Vienna in Vienna Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Vienna Travel Page "Vienna the Magnificent - over and over again"
- Uploaded a Video to Vienna
- Commented on one of hunterV's Vienna travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hotel de France"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sofia Intro, 149 reviews, 320 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 75 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sunny Beach Intro, 82 reviews, 130 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ischgl Intro, 58 reviews, 148 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bulgaria Intro, 75 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rilski Manastir Intro, 32 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wiener Neustadt Intro, 38 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nauders Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 40 reviews, 76 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (127)
Latest Vienna hotel reviews
- Kolpingsfamilie Wien-Meidling
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 27, 2013
- Nh Wien
- 174 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Hotel Astoria - Austria Trend
- 157 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Hotel Urania
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Hotel Boltzmann
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Pension Madara
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 27, 2013
- Novotel Wien City
- 245 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Austria Trend Hotel Savoyen Vienna
- 205 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 15, 2013
- Pension Mozart
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2013
- Pension Madara 2
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Hotel Donauwalzer
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Post Hotel Vienna
- 102 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2013
- Hotel Goldener Baer
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 20, 2013
- Strawberry Youth Hostel
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2013
- Hofburg- 231 Reviews, 503 Photos
- Schonbrunn- 291 Reviews, 543 Photos
- Stephansdom- 234 Reviews, 469 Photos
- Belvedere- 171 Reviews, 307 Photos
- Hundertwasser- 111 Reviews, 217 Photos
- Ringstrasse- 174 Reviews, 286 Photos
- Karlskirche - St Charles Church- 95 Reviews, 171 Photos
- Kunsthistorisches Museum - KHM- 55 Reviews, 133 Photos
- Oper - Staatsoper- 96 Reviews, 161 Photos
- Giant Ferris Wheel- 45 Reviews, 74 Photos
See All Vienna Things to Do