"under construction" Milan by desert_princess
Milan Travel Guide: 2,838 reviews and 7,129 photos
The Milan Cathedral - A breathtaking masterpiece of the Gothic architecture. Especially the rooftop , where you will discover a whole new world of stone statues ,lace and a petrified garden.
Explore Milan - Interactive map - exists in english and italian . The milano map is not ready yet - try Rome for a great adventure. For the english version - go to "home" and from there switch the language. Than choose Rome or Milan to explore. I'd reccomend Rome as you can see additional info on all the sites by clicking on the green circles ( make sure u don't have a pop-up blocker installed.or it won't work ) Have Fun . Bring a friend along.
The Cathedral of Milan is an incredible masterpiece, especially if you take the elevator to the top,and take a walk among this stone garden of countless statues.They are just cleaning it now,so the facade is hidden.
On the streets - Lovely cafes full of people taking it easy on life.
Delicious light italan cuisine in the small cozy restaurants
Secret gardens hidden on the balconys and rooftops - llittle green jungles
Inner yards behind heavy wooden doors sometimes high as 5 meters
Chicks on high heels on the streets - something I've seen only in Bulgaria so far...
This is a sign wishing you welcome on the central train starion of Milan
Are you ready?
Are you ready to take it easy on your life, walk the streets slowly, no rush and enjoy the spirit of the town?
Are you ready to cross on a red light just like everybody does?
Are you ready for the delicious light mediterranean cuisine that the restaurants are offering?
Are you ready for the multitude of sidewalk cafes full of people?
Are you ready to drive your car around, respecting no rules?
Than you are ready for Milan....
P.S. All pictures on this page were taken with my Panasonic Video camera ,which explains the poor resolution and quality of the shots.After all a cam is made to film not to make shots.The good thing is that it has 24 times optical zoom - something that normal photo cams don't have...
- In a nutshell:Milan..... milan....hope to see you again..
The origins of the castle of Milan , once called the castle of Porta Giovia ( Jove Gate ) , date to the Visconti epoch... more travel advice
From the top of the Cathedral you will have a maglificent view over the sea of rooftops of Milano , and a chance to see... more travel advice
desert_princess' Related Pages
Milan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MILAN - As I've always wanted to visit"
- "Home sweet home!"
- "La Dolce Vita In Milano ;-)"
- "Milan - surprising and fascinating"
- "Milan l'è Milan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Milan
- Hotels in Milan
- Transportation in Milan
- Nightlife in Milan
- Restaurants in Milan
- Shopping in Milan
- Warnings and Dangers in Milan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Milan
- 11 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Milan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milan
Photos in MilanSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sofia Intro, 149 reviews, 320 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 75 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sunny Beach Intro, 82 reviews, 130 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ischgl Intro, 58 reviews, 148 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bulgaria Intro, 75 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rilski Manastir Intro, 32 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wiener Neustadt Intro, 38 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nauders Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 40 reviews, 76 photos