"Schluderns - Home of the Churburg/ Castel Coira" Sluderno by desert_princess
Sluderno Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 38 photos
Overlooking the town of Schluderns / Sluderno ( In this part of Italy the towns are double named in German and Italian as both languages are officialy spoken ) The the Churburg Fortress (official site) offers a magnificent view over the Vinschgau Valley and the intersection with the valley that leads you to the Ortler Glacier. Situated between the Reschenpass ,where Austria meets Italy and Meran , the village of Schluderns offers a magnificent 360 view over the snow covered surrounding mountain ridges and the flat wide Vinschgau valley and its apple plantations laying at your feet.
The Churburg is inhabited by its noble owner - Johannes Jakob Graf Trapp that guards within its walls the world's biggest private armory collection .
From the Fortress of Chur you have a magnificent view over the village of Schluderns / Silandero ,laying at your feet and the opposite valley that leads you to the Ortler Glacier.
I am happy to be the first to tell the VT world about this lovely place.
and another link to the Churburg of the Tourist Information of Sudtirol
- In a nutshell:Absolutely Magnificent Scenery and The flair of history in the air
As long as you are in the area make sure you don't miss to visit the Middle Ages Fortified city of Glurns - a real... more travel advice
desert_princess' Related Pages
Sluderno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sluderno....A Six Course Lunch and a Stroll ...."
- "Schluderns - Home of the Churburg/ Castel Coira"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sluderno
- 8 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Sluderno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sluderno
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sofia Intro, 149 reviews, 320 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 75 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sunny Beach Intro, 82 reviews, 130 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ischgl Intro, 58 reviews, 148 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bulgaria Intro, 75 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rilski Manastir Intro, 32 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wiener Neustadt Intro, 38 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nauders Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 40 reviews, 76 photos