"Tirol - My Soul Land" Top 5 Page for this destination Bundesland Tirol by desert_princess
Bundesland Tirol Travel Guide: 2,400 reviews and 6,269 photos
"Du bist das Land, dem ich die Treue halte
weil Du so schön bist, mein Tirolerland..."
Out of a local tirolean song
I have been lucky to have seen most of Europe except the Scandinavian countries but I always return where my heart belongs - in the Mountains of Tirol.This is a magic place for me and I feel lucky to have the chance to live here. 15.05.2009
I arrived in Innsbruck for the first time back in december 2001 at night. Time to change the train and head to Seefeld, or actually nearby "end of the world, not even on the map"?Giessenbach , or something sounding like that.
There we were gonna stay with friends for a couple of days to see the Air and Style snowboard festival.
So I woke up in the morning,walked outside...and....fell in love forever with this land......
Tirol is a land within Austria - not a province , but an independant land , just like its inhabitants - the wild , proud and strange tiroleans. They don't like to be called Austrians and always correct - " No ,I am a Tirolean" / Just like Bavarians are not considering themselves German /. They are blessed to live in a heavenly place of planet earth. The sad part is that they know little about what's happening outside their valley.
It's a shame that there is so little info about this beautiful land.... I will do my best to fill this gap.
TIROL - Where traditions are alive
My first impression of Tirol were the Mountains - First smoothly rising from the ground when you enter Tirol from Bavaria/Germany , than becoming more and more elevated and steep, as you enter the heart of Tirol going on the A12 highway in direction to Innsbruck on the side of the Inn river. Than you start to notice more things... a tiny chapel perched on a cliff, leaving you wondering if you need to base jump to access it.....or the walls of a castle nestled at the foothills of a veritical wall.....the tiny villages full of life that are crossing your path and faster remaining behind..the green green fields.The wooden carvings that decorate the roofs, the paintings around the windows and on the walls...the roosters perched on the roofs... Do u know this tale about the witch that was living in a house made of biscuits and chocolate ..... that's what the houses there remind me of....
I've been moving in Tirol from one edge to the other for 5 winters in a row. The good thing is that you know the locals are always where you left them and you can go see old friends any time u feel like.
Soll - At the back of KItzbuhel was my first base camp, than came beautiful
Kufstein - The Pearl of Tirol and
Erl - The Passionspiele Village - a qiet village great for relaxing among beautiful nature . Than I moved to
The Stubai Glacier - The Kingdom of Snow and lived in
Neustift - In the Middle of the Stubai valley
Nauders was my last home for two winters in a row
Nauders - the village with 2 castles !! before I hit
Ischgl - The never ending Party
Useful external links :
directory of the castles and ruins in Tirol
History of Tirol (in german)
- In a nutshell:Blue Skies,High mountain peaks, crystal air , sparkling snow
machine decorated leather belts for the male costumes more travel advice
"Almabtrieb" is the day in autumn, when cows are brought back from the mountain ,to be relocated in cattle-shed for the... more travel advice
desert_princess' Related Pages
Bundesland Tirol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tirol - My Soul Land"
- "An Endless Skiing Paradise..."
- "Tirolean Travels"
- "Oja's Total Tirol Experience"
- "Austria, the hospitality world of the Alps"
- "Skiing in the Zillertal"
- "The Wider Surroundings of my Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bundesland Tirol
- Hotels in Bundesland Tirol
- Transportation in Bundesland Tirol
- Nightlife in Bundesland Tirol
- Restaurants in Bundesland Tirol
- Shopping in Bundesland Tirol
- Warnings and Dangers in Bundesland Tirol
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bundesland Tirol
- 316 Reviews
- 545 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 20 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Bundesland Tirol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bundesland Tirol
- Posted in Travel Innsbruck Forum "Re: Road trip within Innsbruck"
- updated a Bundesland Tirol Travel Page "Tirol - My Soul Land"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Herz-Jesu-Feuer - Fire in the mountains"
- Wrote a Review machine decorated leather belts in Bundesland Tirol Local Customs
- Commented on one of sandysmith's Bundesland Tirol travel pages
Videos in Bundesland TirolSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sofia Intro, 149 reviews, 320 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 75 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sunny Beach Intro, 82 reviews, 130 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ischgl Intro, 58 reviews, 148 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bulgaria Intro, 75 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rilski Manastir Intro, 32 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wiener Neustadt Intro, 38 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nauders Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 40 reviews, 76 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (126)
Top Bundesland Tirol hotels
- Innsbruck Hotels
- 1138 Reviews - 2562 Photos
- Kufstein Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 80 Photos
- Igls Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 98 Photos
- Kitzbühel Hotels
- 64 Reviews - 229 Photos
- Ellmau Hotels
- 78 Reviews - 178 Photos
- Mayrhofen Hotels
- 54 Reviews - 90 Photos
- Hall in Tirol Hotels
- 61 Reviews - 187 Photos
- Vomperberg Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Sankt Johann in Tirol Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 71 Photos
- Hintersteiner See Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 24 Photos
- Seefeld in Tirol Hotels
- 39 Reviews - 71 Photos
- Söll Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 72 Photos
- Serfaus Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 38 Photos
- Galtür Hotels
- 16 Hotels
- Reutte Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 46 Photos