"APT" Apt by englishchris
Apt Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 27 photos
Poor old Apt gets a bit of a slating in the Lonely Planet guide. OK, maybe it hasn't got extensive roman ruins, a stretch of coastline, or been linked to famous artists - but Apt is a nice place.
We spent a couple of days here and really enjoyed it for what it is - a sizeable and relaxed market town, that is distinctly French with Arab influences.
The Saturday market was excellant, and there are plenty of shops, cafes and restaraunts to explore, with people-watching being high on the list. It doesn't have glamour, but it's Real.
We had a hire car with us, and took the opportunity to drive up to some of the surrounding hill top villages. They are Beautiful (see the linked sections).
To the North East and West of Apt lie a scattering of small villages, most of which were built on the tops of the... more travel advice
englishchris' Related Pages
Apt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A P T"
- "beautifull mountain village"
- "Friendly Town here!"
- "Apt and its market"
- "More than Just a Sleepy Town in Provence"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Apt
- Restaurants in Apt
- Shopping in Apt
- Warnings and Dangers in Apt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Apt
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Apt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Apt
Top 10 Pages
- Aix-en-Provence Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Glastonbury Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alappuzha Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Somerset Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Paros Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Moustiers-Sainte-Marie Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Arles Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Tianjin 1 review, 4 photos
- Apt Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Oia Intro, 1 review, 1 photo