"As tourist traps go, this is a nice one" Moustiers-Sainte-Marie by englishchris
Moustiers-Sainte-Marie Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 81 photos
Moustiers is without question a stunning place, set between and below two pinnacled cliffs, with a chapel high above, and and a waterfall in the centre. It is also very well located as a base for exploring the local Gorges du Verdon, and Lake Ste Croix.
We spent just two nights here and would have liked to have spent a few more (although not in the horrible hotel La Relais). As there is a lot to see and do in the local area.
A stroll around the village will take a good couple of hours, and the best times are without doubt early morning and evening, as the place gets hot and busy with day trippers.
If you have got your own transport you really should spare an evening to visit Aguiles. This is a small, atmospheric... more travel advice
englishchris' Related Pages
Moustiers-Sainte-Marie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A famous Artisan Village of the South of France."
- "Beautiful Moustiers in the mountains"
- "Grand Canyon du Verdon"
- "As tourist traps go, this is a nice one"
- "Nice village up the mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moustiers-Sainte-Marie
- Hotels in Moustiers-Sainte-Marie
- Transportation in Moustiers-Sainte-Marie
- Shopping in Moustiers-Sainte-Marie
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moustiers-Sainte-Marie
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Moustiers-Sainte-Marie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moustiers-Sainte-Marie
Photos in Moustiers-Sainte-MarieSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Aix-en-Provence Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Glastonbury Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alappuzha Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Somerset Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Paros Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Moustiers-Sainte-Marie Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Arles Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Tianjin 1 review, 4 photos
- Apt Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Oia Intro, 1 review, 1 photo