"My town Krasnodar" Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar by JuliaMac

Krasnodar Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 170 photos

Olympic Fire in Krasnodar! 4 February 2014 !

My city is located near the Black Sea. The area of Krasnodar Territory (“ Krasnodarskiy Kray” in Russian) is big. It includes several large cities such as Sochi, Novorossiysk and Anapa.
It is almost like a small country.
In the 18th century Russian Cossacks received this land for their service to Russia from Empress Catherine II who presented the land to Cossacks.
At first the city was called Yekaterinodar (Catherine’s Gift”), then it was renamed into Krasnodar, which means “a fine gift”.
Not many people know about the sights of this territory.
They say a lot of centuries ago the Great Silk Way passed here. Scientists found traces of the Roman civilization. There are magnificent sand and stony beaches, the rich underwater world for diving and mountain rivers for rafting in this territory. Yasnaya polyana (“Bright Glade”) is a famous ski resort where our President likes to have an active rest.

• Last visit to Krasnodar: Feb 2014
  • Intro Updated Feb 4, 2014

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Hello, Julia! Your city looks very nice indeed, but the hotel prices are a bit too high for me....Still, I would like to visit some day...

• paulhanson's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Your city is interesting - but I don't like the nightclub, haha!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Thanks for sharing your home town. Who knew?

• northeast80's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2011 at 12:40 AM

It sounds like a beautiful place to live, thanks ofr sharing. Thank you also for passing by my Australia page. Ignore the comment by Victoria37; I bet she can't type Russian as well as you can type English!

• Mar 25, 2010 at 6:36 AM

The information is very useful, but I wish there were less mistakes in the text.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Julia, great tips and photos on the city of Krasnodar where you live. I like that there is a Bridge of Kisses!

• Fen's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2007 at 10:01 AM

Really nice page on Krasnodar, the white temple looks great and the darth Maul look alike at that nightclub is funny.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2006 at 10:16 AM

Many years ago, my city (Tallahassee) signed an agreement to be sister cities with Krasnodar. Do you know a local politician named Boris Staroselsky? He visited here once when he was Krasnodar's mayor. :)

• May 23, 2006 at 6:31 PM

One of my projects is to send English language books and magazines to the Pushkin Library. Bob Broedel

• Yiannis2000's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2006 at 12:15 PM

Nice page, this year I am exploring Eastern Europe, I should perhaps come to the area my grandparents were born! Thanks for the tips!!!!

JuliaMac Lives Here!

JuliaMac

“Seeing Is Believing”

Badges & Stats in Krasnodar

Have you been to Krasnodar?

Latest Activity in Krasnodar