"BIRCHY DOES CHIPPING CAMPDEN AND VICINITY" Top 5 Page for this destination Chipping Campden by birchy99

Chipping Campden Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 142 photos

Learning to Drive on the Left

I earned my left-side driver's license in Chipping Campden. We picked up the auto at the rail station in Stratford, listened to the instructions for getting on the road to Chipping Camden and headed out with our fingers crossed.
The first thing was every 30 seconds Mrs. Birchy would holler out, "KEEP LEFT!!" Then at every intersection the same instruction. I must admit we were both white knuckled the whole way.
We found our way to our B&B in Broad Campden just a couple miles from ChipCam.
The next morning we headed out to explore the Cotswolds. Our first destination was Chipping Campden. I believe we drove the main street and the loop back to the edge of town at least a dozen times, looking for parking spaces and or just practicing, I'm not sure. At any rate we got to know this delightful little town intimately that morning.
Later that evening we came back into town for dinner and did the loops again just for old times sake, laughing hysterically all the way.

To see the current weather and 10 day forecst for Chipping Campden click here:Yahoo

To see a map of Chipping Campden click here:Yahoo

To visit the Chipping Campden websight click here: Yahoo

• Pros:Lots of fun walking the main street and window gazing
  • Cons:Only the stares of the locals as we went round and round the loop.
  • In a nutshell:A must visit everytime you are near
  • Last visit to Chipping Campden: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 7, 2004

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2006 at 11:08 PM

Chipping Campden is a lovely little town, wish I had seen more of it but it was unbearably hot when we were there in July this year. There is nothing that can match English pubs and their atmosphere.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2005 at 10:41 PM

Nice stuff, shame there isn't more!

birchy99

“No Matter Where You Are, There You Are!!! So, Make the Most Of It!!”

Badges & Stats in Chipping Campden

Have you been to Chipping Campden?

Latest Activity in Chipping Campden