"THE BIRCHY'S DO LONDON" London by birchy99

London Travel Guide: 23,504 reviews and 49,611 photos

Four Days In London (Not Enough)

Mrs. Birchy and I arrived in London from Edinbugh on the train. We had reservations at a hotel in Kensington. We were fortunate to find a hotel in a good district for a reasonable price. We soon set out on foot to explore the neighborhood. Next door was Kensington Palace, the home of Princess Di. We walked through the park and then took the tour through the palace. Very nice indeed. We enjoyed seeing all the locals strolling the park late on a Sunday afternoon.
During the next four days we mastered the Tube, went to two plays on the West End, visited the British Museum, walked the bridges over the Thames, rode the Eye, visited the Tate Modern, and managed to make a puchase of pottery at Harrods. Just barely scatched the surface, I'm sure, but enjoyed every minute, except perhaps for the rainshower on the top level of the on-off bus. We must make time to go back and see what we missed and do more of what we didn't. miss.

To see the current weather in London and the 10 day forecast click here:Yahoo

To see a map of London click here:Yahoo

• Pros:Very polite and proper people. Everyone very friendly
  • Cons:Just don't take the tube at rush hour.
  • In a nutshell:Can't wait to go back
  • Last visit to London: Mar 2002
  • Intro Updated Mar 26, 2005

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Enjoyed your pages, thanx for the tips

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2005 at 9:26 PM

Another Oregonian in London ... I can't wait to go back either. Enjoyed your introduction to Paddington Pigeon. Great tips!

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2005 at 11:24 AM

Hehehehehehehe, great story about the pigeon, its a blo*dy good job we don't have flying elephants in London LOL

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2005 at 1:54 PM

Nice London page Mart, and did Mrs B turn into wonderwoman??? I had a similar experience with a pigeon but in Spain years ago, just took my sun hat off and splat on my head!!!!!! :-)

birchy99

“No Matter Where You Are, There You Are!!! So, Make the Most Of It!!”

Badges & Stats in London