"Into the Wild....." Zancudo by birchy99

Zancudo Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 12 photos

Visiting the Beardies of Costa Rica

Mrs. B and I retired from 30 years of classroom teaching at this time. Mrs. B was very sad to leave the profession so I thought it might help take her mind off the loss by taking her to an exotic local. Our friends in the doggy world told us of a Beardie family that had moved to Costa Rica and opened a beach resort. Their description of their visit was so inviting that I was able to convince Mrs. B to give it a try.
I made the arrangements, mostly by internet, brushed up on my high school Spanish and we were off.
Little did we know that we were heading into a forgotten part of Costa Rica. We didn't know about the mosquitos, the wet season, but heck, ignorance is bliss, isn't it?
We flew into San Jose after a short stop in Guatamala City from LAX. It was an overnight flight and we were a bit drowsy but we found our way to the local airline terminal and boarded our flight to Golfito. There we were met by Fraulein, our water taxi driver. With sign language and lots of "si's" we boarded his outboard taxi and flitted across the water to an isolated dock on the Zancudo Peninsula on the Pacific Ocean just eight miles from Panama.
We were met by our hosts at the Zancudo Beach Club and proceeded to unwind from 30 years of classroom toil.

• Last visit to Zancudo: Jun 1999
  • Intro Written Jun 13, 2006

Comments

birchy99

“No Matter Where You Are, There You Are!!! So, Make the Most Of It!!”

Badges & Stats in Zancudo

Have you been to Zancudo?

Latest Activity in Zancudo