"Into the Wild....." Zancudo by birchy99
Zancudo Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 12 photos
Mrs. B and I retired from 30 years of classroom teaching at this time. Mrs. B was very sad to leave the profession so I thought it might help take her mind off the loss by taking her to an exotic local. Our friends in the doggy world told us of a Beardie family that had moved to Costa Rica and opened a beach resort. Their description of their visit was so inviting that I was able to convince Mrs. B to give it a try.
I made the arrangements, mostly by internet, brushed up on my high school Spanish and we were off.
Little did we know that we were heading into a forgotten part of Costa Rica. We didn't know about the mosquitos, the wet season, but heck, ignorance is bliss, isn't it?
We flew into San Jose after a short stop in Guatamala City from LAX. It was an overnight flight and we were a bit drowsy but we found our way to the local airline terminal and boarded our flight to Golfito. There we were met by Fraulein, our water taxi driver. With sign language and lots of "si's" we boarded his outboard taxi and flitted across the water to an isolated dock on the Zancudo Peninsula on the Pacific Ocean just eight miles from Panama.
We were met by our hosts at the Zancudo Beach Club and proceeded to unwind from 30 years of classroom toil.
At the time (1998) domestic flights in Costa Rica were on two airlines, one of them government owned and the other... more travel advice
birchy99's Related Pages
Zancudo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Playa Zancudo, Costa Rica"
- "Into the Wild....."
- "Complete Playa Zacundo Guide"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zancudo
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Zancudo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zancudo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 34 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Annan Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chesterfield Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belfast Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 4 travelogues
- Devizes Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Bath Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Dublin Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue