"BIRCHBARK USA" birchy99's Profile
We have truly gone to the dogs!! My wife grew up in the ticky-tacky houses of Daly City, California and didn't have room for a family pet. So, I introduced her to dogs. She was overcome.
Our first dog was Tut, a spaniel mix. He lived to age 16 and would die for bananas. He loved them.
Next came Barnaby, a Bearded Collie. We chose his breed after scouting a local dog show. We fell in love with their gentile nature and beautiful long, flowing coats. We were fortunate to find a puppy, Barnaby, who was with us for eight short years, succombing to cancer.
Next came Rosie, a pet, from Washington State. She ruled the house, but needed a companion to play with. So we found Adam, a rescued "Neardie" from Arizona. Unfortunatly, Adam has never learned to play and Rosie found him to be a Dud. But we love him as he does us.
We then became interested in conformation showing. We brought home CeeCee from Ontario, Canada. And what a wonder she was earning her championship very quickly. But as fate would have it, she became stricken with an auto-immune disease which took her to death's door twice. Thanks to courageous veternarians and lots of help from friends in the dog world she has survived and is still with us.
Meanwhile, we brought a boy, Colm, home from Scotland to be CeeCee's beau. However, she became ill and cannot be bred so we imported CeeCee's grand niece, Aria, to take her place. And, Aria and Colm together produced a litter of 6 beautiful puppies. Three of them, George, Sam and Opie have wonderful homes in Austin, Texas, Monterrey, California, and Los Angeles, California respectively.
Somehow we came to keep three of the puppies which brings our grand total to 8 dogs. Fortunately, we have room for them all but sometimes time for them becomes short.
Miles is the sole brown puppy and he was my choice to keep. Keeley was our sole female and she was Joanne's choice to keep. Then there is Dizzy. Dizzy is a miracle, born not breathing he was brought to life and hand fed for three days. He survived and was sold but was returned as it became apparent that he was born with less than normal kidney function. So, he will be with us for as long as he can hold up. No doubt that will be for a long time as he is very active, hyper even, and quite the character. No one would ever guess he had a disability.
So eight is enough...no mas...as if my calculations are correct I'll be in my 80's by the time these pups are ready to leave this world.
So there you have the story of the BirchBark Beardies. See the chapters for more pictures and information. Thanks for your interest.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 182 Reviews
- 333 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 36 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Commented on deecat's profile page
- birchy99 and phildeni are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Eugene Forum "Re: Traveling by foot from Eugene!"
- Wrote a Review Dining Next to the River Wild in Eugene Restaurants
- updated a Eugene Travel Page "EUGENE, OREGON USA"
updated their Personal Page "BIRCHY AT HOME"
- Uploaded a Photo to "BIRCHBARK USA"
PhotosSee All Photos (333)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 34 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Annan Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chesterfield Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belfast Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 4 travelogues
- Devizes Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Bath Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Dublin Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue