"Ski Holiday 2004 and 2005" Top 5 Page for this destination Saas-Fee by wimmey

Saas-Fee Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 172 photos

One of the greatest ski holidays ever

In October 2003, I decided to pick up skiing again.... after 10 years. Since none of my friends like skiing, I decided to go alone.
I picked out Saas-Fee because I knew the place from the late 80's and I had good memories... I wasn't disappointed: snow, sun, not too many people (january!), it was great. They can expect me again in 2005!

Another great week in the Pearl of the Alps

January 2005 was cold, cold, cold. Besides that, it was a real fun week again

October 29-31, 2005: Opening of the winter season

Earlier than I expected I found myself in Saas-Fee again, to be one of the first to enjoy the new season. I thought it wouldn't be that crowded. How wrong was I ! Ski teams from all parts of Switzerland, France, Italy, Austria and other countries were training on the glacier, which made the ambiance very cool. Unfortunately the possibilities to ski were limited because of a lack of snow. But on the glacier it was "business as usual"!

• Pros:Snow garantueed, infrastructure, quality of hotels & food, variety of slopes, CAR FREE
  • Cons:Somewhat expensive, but nevertheless worth the money
  • In a nutshell:A true Pearl of the Alps
  • Last visit to Saas-Fee: Oct 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 13, 2005

• Jan 28, 2009 at 3:47 AM

The foto with the crowd at the Saas Fee glacier seems that the wait for the lift is very very very long? What dates did you go and is the line always so long ??? Thanks

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2005 at 12:38 AM

What a great snow adventure you've enjoyed there. Good Après-ski tips to warm up... Can't wait the next skiing season too ;-)

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2004 at 11:25 AM

great for summer hiking too

wimmey Visits Here Frequently!

wimmey

“ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no river wild enough....”

Badges & Stats in Saas-Fee

Have you been to Saas-Fee?

Latest Activity in Saas-Fee