Florence Sports & Outdoors Tips by fgfi Top 5 Page for this destination
Florence Sports & Outdoors: 23 reviews and 21 photos
There are various swimming pools in Florence which are very crowded during summer. Here is a link for the most popular ones. During winter pools work on a booked time slot basis.
The Florence Marathon usually takes place at the end of November. People from all over the world come to Florence to enjoy a run which starts from the Piazzale Michelangelo going through the old part of the town and the Cascine park.
Capoeira isa brazilian martial art created by African Slaves as a means to protect themselves from their oppressors over 400 years ago.It presents elements of ritualized combat together with movements combined with aspects of dance, acrobatics, music and self-defense.
Classes are accompanied by musical instruments, drums, clapping and singing.
Equipment: White trousers and a white T-shirt
Address: Palestra Artigianelli - Maestro Boca Nua
Directions: Via dei Serragli 104
Abetone is a small skiing resort at 1400 metres on the sea level , near the border between Tuscany and Emilia Romagna,
As it's only about 90 minutes from Florence, many Florentines go there skiing and snow boarding from december to the end of march.
You can choose to go there for a week end or just for one day trip!
Take the Firenze mare road to Viareggio and exit at Pistoia then follow directions to Abetone.
Copit approx. 3 hours Departure and tickets in Largo Alinari near the train station
0039. 055.21463 or
Phone: Tourist info: 0039.0573.60231
Fiorentina - Juventus 1990
I don't really like going to the Stadium, but now that La Fiorentina is back again in the Premier League I think that it worths the effort ; ). And I have to say that Fiorentina's supporters have been very creative in the past.
Equipment: If you want to live the experience like a real local supporter go to the Curva Fiesole.
Address: Viale Manfredo Fanti 4/6
Directions: Stadium district
Other Contact: Buses 7, 17 or 20
Corri la vita is both a competitive race and a non-competitive walk set up every year to raise fund for the research on breast cancer causes.
During the race many private gardens and villas are open and people can enjoy visiting them.
Well I don't think there's much to add. Rowing into the sunset on the Arno River is something special!
Address: Lungarno Anna Maria Luisa de Medici, 8
Directions: On the right bank of the river Arno, a few meters upstream of Ponte Vecchio, underneath the Vasarian Terrace.
More Reviews (87)
- See All Wine aperitif
- See All Vintage
- See All New luxury hostel
- See All Oblate Library
- See All Italian Breakfast - Cappuccino and...
- See All You can finally buy tickets on the bus!
fgfi's Related Pages
Florence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "weekends in Florence"
- "FIRENZE - FLORENCE"
- "My Relationship With Firenze"
- "Firenze -Florence - Florenz - Florencia"
- "Breathtaking Florence!"
- "Fabulous Florence"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Florence
- Hotels in Florence
- Transportation in Florence
- Nightlife in Florence
- Restaurants in Florence
- Shopping in Florence
- Warnings and Dangers in Florence
- See All...
Explore the World
- Central & Eastern Thailand
- Bald Head Island
- Waipoua Forest Hotels
- Dunsborough Hotels
- Mahdia Hotels
- Kanton Thurgau Hotels
- Pattaya Sports & Outdoors
- Virginia Beach Sports & Outdoors
- Ras Al Khaimah Sports & Outdoors
- Nowlan Park
- Kuala Lumpur Sports & Outdoors
- Tour Down Under
- Goa Sports & Outdoors
- South Padre Island Sports & Outdoors
- Key West Sports & Outdoors
- Peschiera del Garda Sports & Outdoors
- Gurnee Sports & Outdoors
Badges & Stats in Florence
- 94 Reviews
- 127 Photos
- 29 Forum posts
- 64 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Florence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Florence
Photos in FlorenceSee All Photos (127)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 94 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 14 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sicilia Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- Cuba Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 20 reviews, 6 photos
- Malta Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Milan Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Berlin 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Madrid Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- France 4 reviews, 4 photos
Latest Florence hotel reviews
- First of Florence Apart'Hotel
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- Globus Hotel
- 660 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Hotel Moderno
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 5, 2013
- Hotel La Scaletta
- 304 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Grand Hotel Villa Medici
- 213 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Viva Hotel Laurus al Duomo
- 633 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Hotel Balcony
- 157 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Hotel Malaspina
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Villa Pitiana
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- 129 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Fattoria Settemerli
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 6, 2013
- Hotel Il Bargellino
- 310 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Hotel Lungarno
- 430 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Brunelleschi Hotel
- 624 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Plaza Lucchesi Hotel
- 483 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Il Duomo - Santa Maria del Fiore- 265 Reviews, 543 Photos
- Ponte Vecchio & Arno River- 203 Reviews, 344 Photos
- The Uffizi Gallery- 160 Reviews, 222 Photos
- Pitti Palace & Boboli Gardens- 125 Reviews, 263 Photos
- David Statue- 85 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Palazzo Vecchio- 76 Reviews, 150 Photos
- Piazza della Signoria- 115 Reviews, 232 Photos
- Piazalle Michelangelo- 61 Reviews, 114 Photos
- Basilica Santa Croce- 94 Reviews, 169 Photos
- Galleria dell'Accademia- 57 Reviews, 61 Photos
See All Florence Things to Do