"Zaparozje - Cossack city" Zaporozh'ye by DynamoNL
Zaporozh'ye Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 10 photos
Zaparozje is an unknown city to the West, It is situated deep down in Ukraine,
On the Southern steppe and close to Asov Sea and Black Sea.
It is hot and dusty in Summer and rather cold in Winter. With more then
1 million inhabitants it's a big lively city.
It was born along the mighty Dnepr as a Cossack dwelling and trading place.
The Zaporozets are kind and friendly people, a bit like Italians, they are "Southern "people, with quit some temperament.
This city is build up along one road, the Lenin Boulevard.
It is more then 10 kilometers long, so don't try to walk it.
The bus brings you up and down for 20 cents.
Here you see the beginning of it at the Statue of Lenin.
There is a big market in the center and it's open 7 days a week.
Salesman and private people are selling everything you need or don't want.
It's a busy and interesting place to be.
- Pros:It is an interesting city with a beach and watersports.
- Cons:English speaking is rare, you have to learn Russian.
- In a nutshell:A good place to hide and live a great life.
DynamoNL's Related Pages
Zaporozh'ye Travel Guide
- Hotels in Zaporozh'ye
- Transportation in Zaporozh'ye
- Shopping in Zaporozh'ye
- Warnings and Dangers in Zaporozh'ye
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zaporozh'ye
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Zaporozh'ye?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zaporozh'ye
Top 10 Pages
- Kharkiv Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Torun Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Latvia Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Riga Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Estonia Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Kiev Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Zaporozh'ye Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Spain Intro, 3 photos
- Russia Intro, 3 photos
- London Intro, 3 photos