"Barcelona-in my heart and in my mind" Barcelona by kerouacsdog

Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,539 reviews and 21,846 photos

This travel guide is all about my favourite city in the world: Barcelona.
I first came to this city 2 years ago, on a day-trip from my holiday in nearby Salou. We got off the coach at the top of the Ramblas, and were given an hour to explore. We didn't get far, I believe I walked down to the bottom of la Ramblas, then back up again. But, that was enough to get me hooked. 6 months later I was here again, but this time staying in Barcelona for 5 days, with the freedom to go anywhere. We did the main touristy sites, la Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera, Parc Guell, Magic Fountains, Montjuic, Tibidabo, the Catedral, and, of course, La Ramblas again, but we also did the less-known stuff too.
We walked through the Barri Gothic, we explored el Raval, we did a lot in those 5 days. But it still wasn't enough. So I've been back since, with various friends, and not the same ones every time, but each time has been magical. I've since been back 5 times, making 7 visits in 2 years, and I still believe I've only skimmed the surface of this amazing city. I'm getting to know my way around now, but it still surprises, and delights, me every time I return. My fiance has also fallen in love with this city, she had no choice, as I proposed to her on the little bridge halfway-up the Sagrada Familia, right next to Gaudi's doves on the cypress tree.
Our plan for the next year is to sort our money out in england, to tie up loose ends, and then to move to Barcelona for a minimum of a year, and maybe forever. But for now, apart from a trip every couple of months, Barcelona will have to remain in our hearts, and our minds.

• Pros:Mountains, beaches, friendly people, favourable climate, cuisine, architecture, parks, etc
  • Cons:Too many british people are taking stag/hen parties to Barcelona, lets hope it doesn't change it's unique personality
  • In a nutshell:Everything in the world in one city
  • Last visit to Barcelona: Dec 2004
  • Intro Written Dec 22, 2004

• Aug 28, 2008 at 9:10 AM

Aug 28th 2008 Fantastic last meal 3 courses each one fab! Only cost 45E including drinks!

• Jun 6, 2007 at 5:17 PM

has no one discivered sfera? its better quality than a lot of boutiques and always has some thing out of the ordinary

• emilybcn's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2005 at 5:30 PM

Hey I climbed Tibidabo mountain too and I think I felt the same way about it that your friends did! It was still fun though.

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2005 at 10:59 AM

A top city for me too. Nice pages. Bring on the tapas...

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2005 at 7:17 PM

G'day Mark. I'm in love with Barcelona!! Gorgeous Gaudi pix!! Really enjoyed reading your tips. Cheers, Ann :o)

• TigerLil's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2005 at 12:00 AM

Wow. Barcelona looks like a beautiful fun place to visit. Your pictures are awsome. Esp the La Sagrada Familia.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2005 at 9:15 AM

Great page - how lucky moving to Barcelona - my short time there was very enjoyable

• BeatChick's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2005 at 12:17 PM

fantastic page, fantastic photos!! Barcelona was already at the top of my list & now is even higher!! Wishing you the best of luck on the move there!

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2005 at 12:15 PM

Great Barca page. For some reason we did not take many photos when we were there so seeing yours brought back great memories.

• ray_d's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2005 at 1:25 AM

One day, not too far away, I shall visit. Wonderful page.

kerouacsdog

“just keep moving”

Badges & Stats in Barcelona

Have you been to Barcelona?

Latest Activity in Barcelona