"Barcelona-in my heart and in my mind" Barcelona by kerouacsdog
Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,692 reviews and 22,179 photos
This travel guide is all about my favourite city in the world: Barcelona.
I first came to this city 2 years ago, on a day-trip from my holiday in nearby Salou. We got off the coach at the top of the Ramblas, and were given an hour to explore. We didn't get far, I believe I walked down to the bottom of la Ramblas, then back up again. But, that was enough to get me hooked. 6 months later I was here again, but this time staying in Barcelona for 5 days, with the freedom to go anywhere. We did the main touristy sites, la Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera, Parc Guell, Magic Fountains, Montjuic, Tibidabo, the Catedral, and, of course, La Ramblas again, but we also did the less-known stuff too.
We walked through the Barri Gothic, we explored el Raval, we did a lot in those 5 days. But it still wasn't enough. So I've been back since, with various friends, and not the same ones every time, but each time has been magical. I've since been back 5 times, making 7 visits in 2 years, and I still believe I've only skimmed the surface of this amazing city. I'm getting to know my way around now, but it still surprises, and delights, me every time I return. My fiance has also fallen in love with this city, she had no choice, as I proposed to her on the little bridge halfway-up the Sagrada Familia, right next to Gaudi's doves on the cypress tree.
Our plan for the next year is to sort our money out in england, to tie up loose ends, and then to move to Barcelona for a minimum of a year, and maybe forever. But for now, apart from a trip every couple of months, Barcelona will have to remain in our hearts, and our minds.
- Pros:Mountains, beaches, friendly people, favourable climate, cuisine, architecture, parks, etc
- Cons:Too many british people are taking stag/hen parties to Barcelona, lets hope it doesn't change it's unique personality
- In a nutshell:Everything in the world in one city
This cable car travels from Barceloneta over the harbour and Port Vell up to the Montjuic mountain more travel advice
kerouacsdog's Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- "Gaudi is Not the Only Site in the City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 44 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 64 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
Photos in BarcelonaSee All Photos (70)
Top 5 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 44 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salou Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nîmes Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Waterbeach Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Berlin Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue