"Down under - first time, but not the last" Australia by knerten
Australia Travel Guide: 45,977 reviews and 118,067 photos
...and by great I mean BIG. I visited some friends in Melbourne and we made road trip to Sydney, some 1800 kilometers return, in an old Volvo (from a time when cars were still built so they would last). It was worth it. But looking at the map, I had only moved a tiny little bit across this vast continent.
On our trip, we stayed at a farm and the next day we went searching for kangaroos. Chasing these animals from the comfort of a brand new Toyota Landcrusier seemed somewhat unsporty, but we did manage to find some. If you look closely at the photo, you will see a dark spot in the centre in front of the grey rock. That's a kanagaroo sitting up, with his (or her?) white belly showing.
- Pros:Friendly people.
- Cons:Loooong distances.
- In a nutshell:No way you can do this country in a just a brief visit!
knerten's Related Pages
Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Down Under"
- "Australia - you're standing in it"
- "♫ I COME FROM A LAND DOWN-UNDER ♫"
- "AUSTRALIA PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE ANCIENTS...."
- "Down Under Roundtrip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia
- Hotels in Australia
- Transportation in Australia
- Nightlife in Australia
- Restaurants in Australia
- Shopping in Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Australia
- 28 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Molde Intro, 34 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 32 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trondheim Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Hjelmeland Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wellington Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Queenstown Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues