"Away from the city" Manly by knerten
Manly Travel Guide: 238 reviews and 556 photos
Manly is Sydney's first tourist resort and can be reached by ferry (1/2 hour) or Ferry Cat (1/4 hour) from Circular Quay.
The beautiful beach is the backdrop to its many activities and facilities to visitors. It is a "surfie" place with a touch of cosmopolitan and pizzazz. It is positioned on a peninsula that is bound by sea on 3 sides of it.
The famous Manly beach boasts world surf carnivals and "ironman" events throughout the year. Manly has something for everyone. It accommodates for many types and ages of visitors.
There is a craft markets on The Corso on weekends and some great walks to take as well as many galleries and restaurants to experience.
- Pros:Only a short trip from the city!
- Cons:Seagull will hunt you for food at the beach!
- In a nutshell:If you have only 1 or 2 days in Sydney, do not miss this spot!
I found these signs at the Kid's Pool on Manly Beach...No comment. more travel advice
knerten's Related Pages
Manly Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Manly - My Home for a Short Time"
- "MANLY 7 MILES FROM THE CITY A THOUSAND FROM CARE"
- "Just a Ferry Away"
- "Lazy Monday in Manly"
- "Manly: The Beautiful Town North of Sydney"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manly
- Hotels in Manly
- Transportation in Manly
- Nightlife in Manly
- Restaurants in Manly
- Shopping in Manly
- Warnings and Dangers in Manly
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manly
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Manly?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manly
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Molde Intro, 34 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Christchurch Intro, 35 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 32 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trondheim Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Hjelmeland Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wellington Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Queenstown Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues