"The garden center of Ohio" Mansfield by Beausoleil
Mansfield Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 65 photos
I've been back often, of course, to visit family and friends but I'm no help on hotels. My favorite went out of business years ago.
On the other hand, Mansfield is a great place for an Ohio vacation. It is centrally located to visit the northern part of the state and is the last town before you head into the prairie. Mansfield is still part of the Appalachian foothills so hilly and beautiful with lakes and streams galore.
The downtown is quaint old Ohio and there is modern shopping on the outskirts.
St. Peter's Catholic church in downtown Mansfield is a magnificent historic building that rivals churches in Europe. It was renovated in the 1980s or 1990s and is still stunning. They have an excellent organ, lovely paintings and beautiful stained glass. It is definitely worth an inspection . . . or attend a service. You are always welcome.
When the malls arrived, downtown died. After some years of this, the downtown was restored. The historic buildings were refurbished; abandoned stores were repopulated and new businesses and activities were brought in. Now it's a fun place to visit with colorful wall murals, clean buildings, parking, a carousel, a lively arts center and several excellent restaurants.
In the area you can visit Malabar Farm State Park, Mohican State Park, Loudenville for canoeing and kayaking, Amish country and the Mid-Ohio Race Track. There is a charming band stand in Belleville and lovely drives in the countryside with several lakes and rivers. Even driving the Interstate (71) is gorgeous in the Mansfield area.
- Pros:Quiet, picturesque small town with lovely scenery
- Cons:Winter weather isn't great unless you like skiing
- In a nutshell:Good schools, friendly people, inexpensive living
Of course there are. How could you doubt? This is Kingwood Center in Mansfield, Ohio. Dr. King left his beautiful... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Mansfield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "mansfield reformatory Ohio"
- "The garden center of Ohio"
- "Revisit "Shawshank Redemption""
- "Mansfield, Ohio"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mansfield
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (250)
Have you been to Mansfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mansfield
Photos in MansfieldSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 130 reviews, 486 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 32 reviews, 155 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Avignon Intro, 9 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Nice Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue