"1401 East Patterson Street" Kirksville by Beausoleil
Kirksville Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 6 photos
Did you ever own your dream home? We did and here it is. I wonder if it is still there? It was a big old barn of a place, the first home in the area, long before we were born. The city kind of grew out around it and it ended up being surrounded by more modern houses.
Many happy memories.
The major disadvantage of visiting Missouri from Europe or Asia is that Missouri is in the middle of the USA so a long trip from either coast. If you want to visit the state and don't have much time, you should plan to fly into one of the two major airport hubs: Lambert–St. Louis International Airport or Kansas City International Airport. Keep in mind that Kansas City is in Missouri, not Kansas when you are looking for information.
St. Louis is right on the Mississippi River and has the famous St. Louis Arch so is a fun starting point for any Missouri visit. If you want to go directly to Kirksville, you will take a small prop plane into the tiny airport outside the town.
Truman State University is in Kirksville. It used to be called Northeast Missouri State University but when it was designated the official State University of Fine Arts, they changed the name to Truman State University. It is amazing value for money and the students nearly always go on to successful careers in many fields.
- Pros:Lovely old-fashioned college town
- Cons:It was starting to look like every other town in the US when we left
- In a nutshell:Visit Thousand Hills State Park 5 miles outside of town -- lovely!
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Kirksville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kirksville Page"
- "Life In Truman State's Hometown!"
- "thumperhm's new Kirksville Page"
- "1401 East Patterson Street"
- "Home of Turman State University"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kirksville
- Hotels in Kirksville
- Nightlife in Kirksville
- Restaurants in Kirksville
- Shopping in Kirksville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kirksville
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (286)
Have you been to Kirksville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kirksville
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 132 reviews, 496 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 33 reviews, 160 photos, 2 travelogues
- Avignon Intro, 13 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Nice Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos