"Meersburg in Land Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany" Meersburg by Beausoleil
Meersburg Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 166 photos
Meersburg is on the Bodensee (Lake Constance) and you could almost say there are two towns, one above the other. The old town is up the hill and there is a lively market on the square. You can visit the old castle while you are on the hill and the views over the lake are stunning.
Then walk down to the lower town and find a nice restaurant along the lake and enjoy swans, sailboats and a lovely breeze.
This is one of the beautiful sailboats we watched as we ate lunch beside the Bodensee in Meersburg. The sailboats are out on the lake and the ducks and swans are right beneath you. There are even palm trees growing here. It's a little tropical paradise in northern Europe.
These are the lower streets of Meersburg. I was standing in a park by the castle on the hill above the lower town. You can walk up the hill via street or if you want a shortcut, there are stairs up and down.
When you are at the bottom, you look up at the very imposing castle. Either way it is beautiful.
- Pros:Quaint, charming, very German!
- Cons:We couldn't take it home with us.
- In a nutshell:Pleasant, friendly, incredibly clean and lots of fun.
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Meersburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Meersburg Off-Season"
- "Come dancing in Meersburg!"
- "Life on Lake Constance"
- "Bodensee/Lake Constance Area"
- "Meersburg - Medieval Town"
- "One of the Touristic Hot Spots on Lake Constance"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Meersburg
- Hotels in Meersburg
- Transportation in Meersburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Meersburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Meersburg
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (184)
Have you been to Meersburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Meersburg
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 123 reviews, 445 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Nice Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues