"A fun day trip from Belgium" Sluis by Beausoleil
Sluis Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 66 photos
We rented a cottage in Belgium near Maldegem and discovered we were only about five kilometers from the Netherlands so decided to take a day trip to see what was there. Our hosts recommended Sluis so we set our GPS and headed for Sluis . . . in the rain.
By the time we arrived, the sun had come out so we parked at the Beestenmarkt and started exploring Sluis on foot. We got as far as the canal and the rain started again. Up went the umbrellas but the wind joined the rain.
We gave up and entered a tea room on the canal for a most pleasant interval with coffee and beignets and a very friendly wait staff. Eventually the rain stopped and we continued sightseeing. There appeared to be every conceivable kind of shop in this small town so if you enjoy shopping, I highly recommend it. The canal area is very picturesque and I found a wonderful art supply store near the church.
A fun visit.
This was a surprise . . . and lots of fun.
Lovely display of fruits. There were shops for nearly anything you could want including a marvelous art supply shop. This was all in a very compact area and you walk around the corner to restaurants on the canal. Lovely.
- Pros:Very busy small town on a picturesque canal
- In a nutshell:A fun day trip especially if you enjoy shopping
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Sluis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful city of Sluis.."
- "Sluis in Zeeland"
- "Fortified town in the west of Zeeland"
- "A fun day trip from Belgium"
- "PLEASE MOVE ON TO OTHER PAGES"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sluis
- Transportation in Sluis
- Restaurants in Sluis
- Shopping in Sluis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sluis
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (156)
Have you been to Sluis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sluis
Photos in SluisSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 101 reviews, 334 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Carcassonne Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue