"The northeast coast of Spain is gorgeous!" Colera by Beausoleil
Colera Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 17 photos
We were staying near Perpignan and decided to do a day trip to Colera in Spain. The drive along the D914 in France south to the N260 in Spain is a winding, wild road with magnificent views over the Mediterranean.
If you stop and walk along the side of the road, you walk on wild thyme and the smell is delicious.
Plan to take your time because the road is narrow
We parked at the picturesque little harbor and walked around. It's a great place for photos of colorful fishing boats. There is a beach and people were swimming, but it was a rock and gravel beach and didn't look very inviting.
There are several restaurants overlooking the harbor which might be fun although we drove back to Cerbere for lunch since we have a favorite restaurant there.
The drive down and back is spectacular and there is little traffic so you can stop and take photos whenever you like.
- Pros:Quiet village with a picturesque harbor
- In a nutshell:Driving along the coast is spectacular for scenery
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Colera Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Colera, Spain"
- "Colera: rough nature, quiet, peaceful and nice"
- "The northeast coast of Spain is gorgeous!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Colera
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (184)
Have you been to Colera?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Colera
Photos in ColeraSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 123 reviews, 445 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Nice Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues