"Greve in Chianti (Tuscany)" Top 5 Page for this destination Greve by Beausoleil
Greve Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 129 photos
This is Villa Melazzano on a hill looking over Greve. This was the view out our front door! We had a wonderful week in Terre di Melazzano about 1/8 mile down the hill from this villa.
The main market square. It's unusual because it is triangular in shape.
There is a large market every Saturday morning and the triangular square is pedestrianized. The church is at the narrow end of the street. You can walk around underneath the upstairs balconies and there are lots of stores including tourist places, restaurants, a very nice little grocery and one of Italy's best butchers.
Here is one of the tourist-oriented shops on the market square. It's a small town but you can find almost anything right on the square. If you can't, there is a co-op down the street that has another market, fruit stand, bakery and several more shops.
When you stand in the square and look up, you are surrounded by the beautiful Tuscan countryside.
- Pros:Pleasant little market town on the Greve River in Chianti
- Cons:None that we saw
- In a nutshell:Center of the Chianti Wine Route, great base for touring
We spent a wonderful week just outside Greve-in-Chianti and one of the favorite places we found was the tiny fortified... more travel advice
For the first time in Italy, there were no other Americans in the restaurant with us. We had to walk through the... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Greve Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Greve in Chianti (Tuscany)"
- "Greve in Chianti - the Chianti hills"
- "Greve Page"
- "Greve in Chianti"
- "NOT Greve, but Poggio alla Croce"
- "Chianti in Chianti"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Greve
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Greve?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greve
- Posted in Travel Switzerland Forum "Re: Swiss in 13 days. Mid-April"
- Uploaded a Video to Greve
- updated a Greve Travel Page "Greve in Chianti (Tuscany)"
- Wrote a Review Montefioralle is a magical medieval village in Greve Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Montefioralle is a magical medieval village"
Photos in GreveSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 327 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Carcassonne Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue