"Greve in Chianti (Tuscany)" Top 5 Page for this destination Greve by Beausoleil

Greve Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 154 photos

The heart of the Chianti region

This is Villa Melazzano on a hill looking over Greve. This was the view out our front door! We had a wonderful week in Terre di Melazzano about 1/8 mile down the hill from this villa.

The main market square. It's unusual because it is triangular in shape.

There is a large market every Saturday morning and the triangular square is pedestrianized. The church is at the narrow end of the street. You can walk around underneath the upstairs balconies and there are lots of stores including tourist places, restaurants, a very nice little grocery and one of Italy's best butchers.

Here is one of the tourist-oriented shops on the market square. It's a small town but you can find almost anything right on the square. If you can't, there is a co-op down the street that has another market, fruit stand, bakery and several more shops.

When you stand in the square and look up, you are surrounded by the beautiful Tuscan countryside.

• Pros:Pleasant little market town on the Greve River in Chianti
  • Cons:None that we saw
  • In a nutshell:Center of the Chianti Wine Route, great base for touring
  • Last visit to Greve: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Jul 24, 2011

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2011 at 10:14 PM

This looks like a great find! Your agriturismo sounds so lovely! And I am glad that I did inspire you to upload the sbandieratori. Can see it now, great!! But only from your homepage. I am sure it will arrive on your Greve page soon.

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Something tells me I'm going to go nuts with all the beautiful pottery available in Tuscany!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2006 at 6:27 PM

Another town that we, too, visited. We enjoyed it so...simple, yet quite elegant. Your narratives and photos are 5-star quality.

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2006 at 10:41 AM

You have lovely Italian towns posted - hope to get there one day. I lived and worked in Los Angeles for a long time - do miss it sometimes. Will return to your pages again. Best wishes, Carol

Beausoleil

“Live long enough to see it all.”

Badges & Stats in Greve