"Visit the town; visit the lake." Lac d' Annecy by Beausoleil
Lac d' Annecy Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 79 photos
The Gardens of Europe on one side of the Canal du Vasse and the Champs de Mars on the other are joined by the Pont des Amours. This is backed by stunning views of the lake and the Alps. There are rental boats, pedal boats, dinner cruise boats and park benches for those who just like to look at boats.
It is also a great place for a picnic.
As you walk along the River Thiou back into Annecy, this is the view that greets you. The chateau looms over the lively waterside village with riverside restaurants and shops.
Be sure to stop at Beau Soleil, our favorite restaurant . . . for obvious reasons. No, they didn't name it after us. LOL
There is parking in front of the chateau and more parking by the Gardens of Europe. The chateau contains a museum and is definitely worth a visit.
Take a day trip around the lake for stunning views. It is so pretty you can't decide whether to enjoy the lake views or the mountain views. Stop often and enjoy both.
Better yet, take a boat tour of the lake and the driver can enjoy the views too.
- Pros:Stunningly beautiful town, lake, mountains
- Cons:Can be incredibly crowded in season
- In a nutshell:This is a town for painters, a painting on every corner.
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Lac d' Annecy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visit the town; visit the lake."
- "Arround the Lake"
- "summer 2002"
- "Whant to swim, boat, windsurf?"
- "Beautiful Lac d´Annecy!!!"
- "Lac d'Annecy"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lac d' Annecy
- 1 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (287)
Have you been to Lac d' Annecy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lac d' Annecy
Photos in Lac d' AnnecySee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 134 reviews, 506 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 33 reviews, 160 photos, 2 travelogues
- Avignon Intro, 13 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Nice Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos