"The Abbey and Gardens at Valloires" Argoules by Beausoleil
Argoules Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 24 photos
In all honesty, I'm not sure we saw much of Argoules. We went on a very rainy day and to see the Abbey and Gardens so zipped through the town. I have a photo of a rooster by the side of the road but not much more. I highly recommend the Abbey and Gardens . . . preferably on a sunny day.
I'm putting my 3 photos of Argoules in the rain (with rooster) on the main page as a prelude to the Tips on the Gardens and Abbey which are stunning even in the rain . . . although sun would have been better.
We followed this chipper fellow through town to the Abbey, parked and then visited both Abbey and Gardens. Highly recommended. See Tips below.
- Pros:Very small and quiet
- Cons:Very small and quiet
- In a nutshell:You visit Argoules for Valloires Abbey and Gardens and they are fabulous
This is a Cistercian Abbey founded in 1137. They still hold services but there is also an association that runs a school... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Argoules Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Only a visit to the gardens"
- "Gardens and an abbey"
- "The Abbey and Gardens at Valloires"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Argoules
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (146)
Have you been to Argoules?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Argoules
Photos in ArgoulesSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 327 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Carcassonne Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue