"Autun is a lovely small town in Burgundy" Autun by Beausoleil
Autun Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 174 photos
We had driven all over the Burgundian countryside and as we entered Autun, we immediately spotted the cathedral. It was definitely worth a stop. There was parking right in front of it, lots of restaurants, a museum and a wonderful fountain.
By now we've seen it in sunshine and rain and it is beautiful in either.
This was a cold rainy day in May. There were many rainy days on that trip. We grabbed our umbrellas and went sightseeing anyway sometimes in mud, but pleasant towns like Autun protected us from the mud . . . and if you want to avoid tourists (except us, of course), go in the rain. It was very quiet!
A lot more sun in July! This is the lovely fountain by the church. On another trip, we ate in a restaurant by the fountain and it was cold, windy and rainy so the restaurant was warm, dry and friendly.
The parking faces this fountain and you can walk all over Autun from here.
- Pros:Friendly small town with a lovely cathedral
- Cons:Some restaurants close when it rains very hard.
- In a nutshell:Friendly, welcoming small town in Burgundy
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Autun Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Autun a beautiful French town in Burgundy France."
- "Romanesque and Ancient Art Galore"
- "Autun is a lovely small town in Burgundy"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Autun
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (146)
Have you been to Autun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Autun
Photos in AutunSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 327 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Carcassonne Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue