"Barr on the Wine Route in Alsace" Barr by Beausoleil
Barr Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 28 photos
Barr is a great little village to use as a base while exploring the Alsatian wine country. As you can see, the village is charming. There are stores for picnic supplies and souvenirs and they also have a very nice laundromat. There is a public parking lot right across the street from it.
You can take day trips to Strasbourg, Colmar, the Black Forest region of Germany . . . and you can visit other wine villages.
There are several very nice family restaurants in town.
One look at this building and you know there is wine tasting available. Obviously the citizens of Barr have a sense of humor.
There were plenty of storks, painted and carved, on village buildings. If you notice a wagon wheel on a rooftop, it is a platform for the storks to build a nest. They are a symbol of good luck.
Wine tastings can be found at. Official Barr Tourist Office-Wines
Lots of weinstubs in Barr. They are covered in flowers and filled with happy people. It's a place for a good family meal.
Yes, they have Alsatian beers too. Great place for a meal or just a relaxing afternoon or evening . . . or both.
- Pros:Pretty, friendly, very relaxed.
- Cons:None that we could see.
- In a nutshell:Wine, good food, lovely scenery, good base camp.
Each wine village is charming and they are all amazingly different. It's fun to forget visiting museums and wineries and... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Barr Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barr on the Wine Route in Alsace"
- "Wine barr"
- "Off the beaten track..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barr
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (283)
Have you been to Barr?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barr
Photos in BarrSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 134 reviews, 506 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 33 reviews, 160 photos, 2 travelogues
- Avignon Intro, 13 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Nice Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos