"Beaune, Great Wine, Food, Art & History!" Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune by Beausoleil

Beaune Travel Guide: 145 reviews and 439 photos

Hotel Dieu is worth a visit in Beaune

I always think of Burgundian roofs when I think of Beaune. The funny thing about Hotel Dieu is you don't see the patterned tile roof until you are actually inside. We visited Beaune several times before we visited the Hotel Dieu and then we wished we had visited sooner. It is an amazing place and certainly worth the time it takes away from wine tasting.

Hotel Dieu (a former hospital)

This is the inner courtyard of Hotel Dieu. Yes, there are tourists!

Old Town

Marche aux vins . . . the Wine Market in Beaune. Official Web Site of the Marché aux Vins
OP

• Pros:Beautiful old town, wine tasting, lovely countryside
  • Cons:None that we've ever seen.
  • In a nutshell:You can go for wine or history. Beaune is lovely.
  • Intro Updated May 5, 2013

• Jeannette1's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Great page. I've noted your restaurants and hotel. May stay there on our way to or from Alsace. Thanks

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Sally, your pages are always a delight to read and Beaune is no exception. Your restaurant tips leave me drooling. Thank you.

• ginajosh's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2008 at 3:55 PM

Bonjour Beausoleil! I stumbled on your post by luck when I was looking for advice on Beaune Hotels. You have great tips. I am also in Sacramento. Would you say this hotel is a safe walk from town at night and do they have internet? Merci bien!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Sounds like you had some pleasant visits in this beautiful area. (I just got the 1000th page view on your fine Beaune page.)

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2007 at 11:42 PM

The more I read your pages on France, the more I think I must extend my holiday ;-)

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2006 at 10:52 AM

Quality stuff, thanks for sharing

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2006 at 6:42 AM

Another great page. Thank you.

• kathymof's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2006 at 7:26 AM

Thanks for the great tips on Burgundy - I have just added a few more must sees to this summer's travel list --Kathy

• Mandy23's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2006 at 9:42 PM

Great tips and photos. Looks like a lovely place.

• zizkov's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2006 at 2:33 PM

Great pics, love those roofs.

Beausoleil

“Live long enough to see it all.”

Badges & Stats in Beaune