"Beaune, Great Wine, Food, Art & History!" Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune by Beausoleil
Beaune Travel Guide: 145 reviews and 439 photos
I always think of Burgundian roofs when I think of Beaune. The funny thing about Hotel Dieu is you don't see the patterned tile roof until you are actually inside. We visited Beaune several times before we visited the Hotel Dieu and then we wished we had visited sooner. It is an amazing place and certainly worth the time it takes away from wine tasting.
This is the inner courtyard of Hotel Dieu. Yes, there are tourists!
Marche aux vins . . . the Wine Market in Beaune. Official Web Site of the Marché aux Vins
- Pros:Beautiful old town, wine tasting, lovely countryside
- Cons:None that we've ever seen.
- In a nutshell:You can go for wine or history. Beaune is lovely.
Bibracte is a marvelous, open museum of Gaulish life set in a hillside that holds an archeological dig you may tour.... more travel advice
A great day trip from Beaune is west to St. Fargeau and then on to Chantier medieval de Guedelon where they are building... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Beaune Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "We belonged to the Duchy of Burgundy."
- "Beaune, Great Wine, Food, Art & History!"
- "Beautiful Beaune"
- "Beaune, le paradis du bien boire et bien manger."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beaune
- Hotels in Beaune
- Transportation in Beaune
- Restaurants in Beaune
- Shopping in Beaune
- Warnings and Dangers in Beaune
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beaune
- 18 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (156)
Have you been to Beaune?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beaune
- Posted in Travel Europe Forum "Re: Trip to Normandy France"
- updated a Beaune Travel Page "Beaune, Great Wine, Food, Art & History!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Friendly with very good food"
- Commented on one of hquittner's Beaune travel pages
- Wrote a Review Bibracte is fascinating in Beaune Off The Beaten Path
Photos in BeauneSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 101 reviews, 334 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Carcassonne Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue