"Beuvron en Auge in the Autumn" Beuvron-en-Auge by Beausoleil
Beuvron-en-Auge Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 53 photos
We chose this pretty little town for our last day of a delightful month in Normandy. It was a Monday in mid-October and as you can see, most of the leaves were off the trees.
Unfortunately, most of the tourist-related businesses were closed. Many restaurants close on Monday anyway but it was our last day and we weren't going to stay home.
We walked all over the tiny town, found a cute little railway station, discovered a living farm next to the church, discovered a little canal and a laverie along with a town full of half-timbered houses.
The only thing we missed were the tourist shops. Another time . . .
These are all the lovely houses and stores on one side of the market square. The market building is no longer a market. They have enclosed it and put in various shops and restaurants, mostly catering to tourists.
The town puts a great deal of effort into keeping it very attractive with copious floral displays and it is charming. It was all closed the day we were there but we had fun peeking into the windows. One gallery looked particularly interesting.
This is a typical little flowered cottage that can be found all over town. We wandered up little alleyways, followed the canal, visited the church and discovered a lovely little farm next to it.
There is a laverie that is well kept right on the main street. It was autumn and there were apples floating in the canal. The nearby pastures were full of very healthy looking Norman cows. You could almost taste the cheese just looking at them.
- Pros:Very small, very French village in the Auge
- Cons:Not too lively out of season but still charming to the max
- In a nutshell:It looks like a picture book and was very friendly
Beuvron is the perfect place to take pictures. Every house and shop is an architectural gem. The central market has been... more travel advice
For you steak lovers, here is the Pave d'Auge. We quickly discovered a "pave" or paving stone is really a steak in... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Beuvron-en-Auge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beuvron en Auge in the Autumn"
- "Most Beautiful Village - BEAUVRON-EN-AUGE"
- "Route De Cidre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beuvron-en-Auge
- Restaurants in Beuvron-en-Auge
- Shopping in Beuvron-en-Auge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beuvron-en-Auge
- 10 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (285)
Have you been to Beuvron-en-Auge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beuvron-en-Auge
- Posted in Travel Europe Forum "Re: Which mountain excursion in..."
- Commented on one of balhannah's Beuvron-en-Auge travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Walk and take pictures"
- Wrote a Review Walk and take pictures in Beuvron-en-Auge Things to Do
- updated a Beuvron-en-Auge Travel Page "Beuvron en Auge in the Autumn"
Photos in Beuvron-en-AugeSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 132 reviews, 496 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 33 reviews, 160 photos, 2 travelogues
- Avignon Intro, 13 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos