"Beuvron en Auge in the Autumn" Beuvron-en-Auge by Beausoleil

Beuvron-en-Auge Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 48 photos

We chose this pretty little town for our last day of a delightful month in Normandy. It was a Monday in mid-October and as you can see, most of the leaves were off the trees.

Unfortunately, most of the tourist-related businesses were closed. Many restaurants close on Monday anyway but it was our last day and we weren't going to stay home.

We walked all over the tiny town, found a cute little railway station, discovered a living farm next to the church, discovered a little canal and a laverie along with a town full of half-timbered houses.

The only thing we missed were the tourist shops. Another time . . .

These are all the lovely houses and stores on one side of the market square. The market building is no longer a market. They have enclosed it and put in various shops and restaurants, mostly catering to tourists.

The town puts a great deal of effort into keeping it very attractive with copious floral displays and it is charming. It was all closed the day we were there but we had fun peeking into the windows. One gallery looked particularly interesting.

This is a typical little flowered cottage that can be found all over town. We wandered up little alleyways, followed the canal, visited the church and discovered a lovely little farm next to it.

There is a laverie that is well kept right on the main street. It was autumn and there were apples floating in the canal. The nearby pastures were full of very healthy looking Norman cows. You could almost taste the cheese just looking at them.

• Pros:Very small, very French village in the Auge
  • Cons:Not too lively out of season but still charming to the max
  • In a nutshell:It looks like a picture book and was very friendly
  • Intro Updated Aug 27, 2006

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2011 at 6:07 AM

Trying to absorb as much info and wonderful views as possible before making our trip. Your pages are always my favorites.

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2010 at 1:28 PM

A lovely - and very useful page - I have saved all the Tips for September!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2010 at 4:30 AM

What a gorgeous village!

• lamapro's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Calmn and beautiful. Ah, I dream to sleep in it. You are so lucky to have this, I hope you are happy on that.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2009 at 1:05 AM

Thats a really charming place with lovely houses !

• timada's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Walk and take pictures ...perfect place for me !

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2008 at 11:34 AM

What a delightful village , very interesting page thank you. I love pages on small towns thanks!! Pam :-)

• calcaf38's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2007 at 5:50 PM

Tout à fait charmant. Normandy has the same "leché" feel as my part of Pennsylvania: mowed color-coordinated fields, decorator barns... I drove my kids to State College today and I had to smile at some of the sights. Bon souvenir.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2007 at 4:20 PM

Wow, you have extensive pages on France! I will be back to explore more.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2006 at 12:35 AM

Nice tips, nice pics, what more can one ask for.

Beausoleil

“Live long enough to see it all.”

Badges & Stats in Beuvron-en-Auge

Have you been to Beuvron-en-Auge?

Latest Activity in Beuvron-en-Auge