"Cabourg, lovely French beach town" Cabourg by Beausoleil
Cabourg Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 4 photos
What a view in any direction. The hotel is on the boardwalk and you turn to view the ocean. Have tea in the hotel while you are there. Marcel Proust had tea here so you are in good company! Grand Hotel Web Site
Walk down past the hotel and enjoy the elegant old beach houses. In season they are all still used.
If you walk to the end of the beach, you arrive at the place the river Divette enters the Channel. There is a bridge to the other side and walking paths on both sides. Once when we were there, an artist had set up on a hillside and was painting. It's easy to see why!
I think this is called para-surfing. At any rate it certainly looked like fun. There were also sail-boards out several times while we were there. The four sons of our hosts all preferred the beach at Cabourg to the others. Mom was okay with that because while the boys were on the beach, she could have tea at the Grand Hotel. Sounded good to me!
- Pros:Windy and wonderful. The town is nice too . . .
- In a nutshell:If you like the beach, this is about perfect. Nice soft sand and plenty of other attractions.
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Cabourg Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cabourg
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (252)
Have you been to Cabourg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cabourg
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 130 reviews, 486 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 32 reviews, 155 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Avignon Intro, 9 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Nice Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue