"Famous for the Abbey" Cadouin by Beausoleil

Cadouin Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 35 photos

Right in the middle of town . . . no signs

Silly, but we had a terrible time finding the Abbey in Cadouin. We drove through town twice and finally stopped and asked directions. Told to drive back through town, we did and still didn't see even one sign to the Abbey. It looked like a cute village so we decided to park beside the church and walk around being tourists.

The church was the abbey church! Sigh . . . We visited the abbey.

We got a free car show

As we left the Abbey, we noticed several antique autos driving into the market square. Fun. I grabbed my camera and we set off to see them.

So did everyone else in town! At least 20 cars drove into the market square and they were soon surrounded by locals and tourists enjoying the show.

Check the Travelogue below for more car pictures.

It is a beautiful village

The village is lovely and certainly worth a pleasant stroll round. You can see tourists snapping photos. The surrounding countryside is green and inviting and the town has the abbey, hotels and restaurants and of course, on market day it is even more exciting.

• Pros:Charming medieval village
  • In a nutshell:Visit the abbey but take time to walk around the lovely village
  • Intro Updated Oct 24, 2010

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Oh my god - these old cars look not only stunning but somehow I was shoot back into a time I wasn't even born. The cars and this village, it looks so ... as they belong together from an old time :-)
    Marvellous abbey, love the carvings at the pillars!

Beausoleil

“Live long enough to see it all.”

Badges & Stats in Cadouin

Have you been to Cadouin?

Latest Activity in Cadouin