"Famous for the Abbey" Cadouin by Beausoleil
Cadouin Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 35 photos
Silly, but we had a terrible time finding the Abbey in Cadouin. We drove through town twice and finally stopped and asked directions. Told to drive back through town, we did and still didn't see even one sign to the Abbey. It looked like a cute village so we decided to park beside the church and walk around being tourists.
The church was the abbey church! Sigh . . . We visited the abbey.
As we left the Abbey, we noticed several antique autos driving into the market square. Fun. I grabbed my camera and we set off to see them.
So did everyone else in town! At least 20 cars drove into the market square and they were soon surrounded by locals and tourists enjoying the show.
Check the Travelogue below for more car pictures.
The village is lovely and certainly worth a pleasant stroll round. You can see tourists snapping photos. The surrounding countryside is green and inviting and the town has the abbey, hotels and restaurants and of course, on market day it is even more exciting.
- Pros:Charming medieval village
- In a nutshell:Visit the abbey but take time to walk around the lovely village
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Cadouin Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Cadouin
- 1 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (286)
Have you been to Cadouin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cadouin
Photos in CadouinSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 132 reviews, 496 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 33 reviews, 160 photos, 2 travelogues
- Avignon Intro, 13 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Nice Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos